Bandar Mahshar, Iran Hits a Heat Index of 165 Degrees on Jul 30, 2015

DonRocks

I can't even imagine. The hottest I've ever experienced was about 120 and I thought I was going to suffocate.

Edited to add: a heat index of 165 has been reached. That's the recommended internal temperature to which you're supposed to cook a chicken. I know, I know, 165 isn't the actual air temp, but it's hotter than Georgia asphalt (what movie did that come from?).

"Iran City Hits Suffocating Heat Index of 165 Degrees, Near World Record" by Jason Samenow on washpost.com

I can't even imagine. The hottest I've ever experienced was about 120 and I thought I was going to suffocate.

Keep in mind, this was the Heat Index, not the absolute temperature. Still, it's pretty ominous when you think there probably isn't much air conditioning there.

This updated article says the heat index hit *165 degrees* - 115 degrees with a Dew Point (*) of 90 degrees. When you break it out into temperature + dew point, it might not sound like *that* much, but this is a lethal combination for a lot of people.

(*) What this means is: If the temperature fell to 90 degrees, the air would achieve 100% humidity, i.e., total saturation. And that prevents the temperature from falling any further, i.e., it *physically can't* go below 90 degrees since it's impossible for air to have greater-than 100% humidity.