Email Archival Service - Need to Archive a Single Mailbox

DonRocks

Okay, this has turned out to be a *much* bigger problem than I thought it would be.

I have one single email address that I need to get rid of, but I need to keep, archive, and have access to the contents that is already in it (maybe a few thousand messages total). I have looked - and I have had my personal assistant look - for over a month, and I cannot find one single company that offers this service for less than about $150 a year. That is ridiculous. I don't need to "use" the email anymore; I just need to reference it.

Does anyone know of a company that can archive one, single email account in a format that I can search it and read it, but not necessarily use it? I don't want to pay $150 a year for this - even if it's all merged into one, gigantic .pdf file and stored on a thumb drive, that's all I need because I can just do a local "Find" function on my computer.

This is costing me a surprising amount of money for reasons I won't go into (it's on the critical path of a project I'm working on) - I need to solve this problem.

Ok the key is to Archive?

This looks like what you want:

"Email Backup/Archival Program That Saves Email as *.txt Files" on askubuntu.com

see the last comment about how to get it to a Maildir format which the comment says is a text file...

** also if you have access to this account via Outlook (windows) or Apple Mail (mac) I might be able to whip up a script to print each mail (you set the default printer to your PDF printer)

Ok the key is to Archive?

This looks like what you want:

"Email Backup/Archival Program That Saves Email as *.txt Files" on askubuntu.com

see the last comment about how to get it to a Maildir format which the comment says is a text file...

** also if you have access to this account via Outlook (windows) or Apple Mail (mac) I might be able to whip up a script to print each mail (you set the default printer to your PDF printer)

Thank you very much, iolaire - this may in fact be just what I need.

What format is the mailbox in now?

Umm ... mailbox format? :unsure: