Homeward Trails Animal Rescue - Cat Adoption Events

Al the Pal

Are you looking to foster or adopt a cat? Homeward Trails Animal Rescue is holding a cat adoption event in their Kitty City facility on Saturday, August 15 from 11 am "“ 3 pm. It is located in Dog Paws "˜n Cat Claws at 5818 Seminary Road, Baileys Crossroads, VA. You can stop by and meet some wonderful kitties. Check out this link for further information:

Kitty City Open Hours Adoption Center

(The actual cats attending may change depending on who gets adopted or fostered during the week.)

I'll be there!

Alice

• Like 1

How did it go?

More importantly, would you tell us a little about Kitty City, and how can people use it in the future?

It was a bust! Only a few visitors and not a single adoption. Of course getting the address right would help!!! Homeward Trails Animal Rescue rescues animals from rural and a few urban shelters and tries to find them homes in the DC area. Most of the animals are fostered by people in this area. In many cases, these cats and dogs would otherwise be euthanized.  They have been very successful in finding homes for these animals! Kitty City is HT's halfway house for cats who are between the shelter and a foster home. We are trying to get more cats adopted straight from Kitty City. They have open house hours most Saturday's from 11 - 3 pm at Dog Paws n Cat Claws at 5818 Seminary Road in the Baileys Crossroads area.

• Like 1

It was a bust! Only a few visitors and not a single adoption. Of course getting the address right would help!!! Homeward Trails Animal Rescue rescues animals from rural and a few urban shelters and tries to find them homes in the DC area. Most of the animals are fostered by people in this area. In many cases, these cats and dogs would otherwise be euthanized.  They have been very successful in finding homes for these animals! Kitty City is HT's halfway house for cats who are between the shelter and a foster home. We are trying to get more cats adopted straight from Kitty City. They have open house hours most Saturday's from 11 - 3 pm at Dog Paws n Cat Claws at 5818 Seminary Road in the Baileys Crossroads area.

Well, the important thing is that you've raised awareness about it. Keep posting - persistence is what pays off; one-time posts about an event, or anything else for that matter, rarely have a large effect, but continual, repeated efforts get things ingrained in the public's mind. Anyone who has read this thread is probably going to remember the name "Kitty City" - this is exactly why I ask restaurants to limit promotional posts to twice a month (there's nothing wrong with promotional posts, but when they come at the expense of others, that's where it becomes a nuisance - you promoting a cat-adoption organization in the Pets Forum isn't going to harm or bother anybody). So don't give up.

• Like 1

A Cat Adoption event this Saturday, August 29 from 11 -3 pm for Homeward Trails Animal Rescue in their Kitty City facility which is located at Dog Paws 'n Cat Claws at 5818 Seminary Road. This is convenient to Falls Church, Arlington and Alexandria, VA. Here is a link for additional information (by the way, there will be more cats than those just listed.) 

If anyone is looking to adopt a cat, Homeward Trails Animal Rescue is holding a cat adoption event on Saturday, November 14 from 11 am - 3 pm. at their Kitty City facility located within Dog Paws and Cat Claws at 5818 Seminary Road in Baileys Crossroads, VA. There is a group of 6 very sweet cats. For further information and photos of most of the cats staying at Kitty City, check out this link! I'll be at the adoption open house.

• Like 2

I just bought my mother the 2016 Washington Capitals player/dog calendar for her Christmas gift. All proceeds go to Homeward Trails, which I recalled reading about here! :)

For places "like this," and really, for *all restaurants*, tenacity pays off. It's when a restaurant, or a business, post a couple of times, gets zero response, and gives up and goes away - that kills me. It starts off as a trickle - a mention, like with the calendar above. Then, maybe one adoption a year later. But the whole time, the name of the business is being etched into our readers' minds. It's so important to stick with the "two posts a month" rule here, people just don't realize. It hasn't failed yet, in the long term. If it cost anything, or took a lot of time, that would be different, but posting takes two minutes, and is free; yet, people either choose not to or forget about it (probably the latter).

Al The Pal, you're about due for another post. Even if you don't have any major announcements, it will benefit you to tell us what Homeward Trails is up to. I'm pulling for you guys, darn it, and I *hate* to see failure just because someone gave up. You're doing this better than 90% of people, and it's starting to show glimmers of paying off. Notice that *nothing happened* for over three months; yet, you weren't bothering anybody at all - finally, someone bought a calendar. Soon, it will be something else. Keep going! We're all pulling for you.

You don't know how happy it makes me to support organizations such as this.

• Like 1