Karat Cakery - A Food Truck in DC Specializing in Carrot-Based Desserts

The Karat Cakery food truck (@karatcakery) sells carrot cake, carrot cake cupcakes and ice cream with carrot cake. So if you don't like carrot cake, don't bother! If you do, however, the carrot cake cupcake with pecans is really divine. They put the cream cheese frosting on the cupcake right after you order it.

The truck was at Farragut North yesterday (Wednesday) although I don't know their schedule.

• Like 1

The Karat Cakery food truck (@karatcakery) sells carrot cake, carrot cake cupcakes and ice cream with carrot cake. So if you don't like carrot cake, don't bother! If you do, however, the carrot cake cupcake with pecans is really divine. They put the cream cheese frosting on the cupcake right after you order it.

The truck was at Farragut North yesterday (Wednesday) although I don't know their schedule.

Karat Cakery (I put the links in for you) features "Goldie, the Food Truck," and can be rented for private parties.

Gosh I love carrot cake.

5307145cf66fec4c8f08db7b3c73d725.jpg

• Like 1

My coworker noticed the truck and had a sample, and he said it was really good. So I walked by on my lunch and tasted a sample of the cake with pecans, and he also gave me a taste of the ice cream with carrot cake and pecan. It took all my will power to walk away. (And not order both!)

I was impressed that the cake was not oily as some carrot cakes tend to be and mentioned it to him. He said it is his mother's recipe, and he cuts the oil with butter. (Yes, I could taste the butter.) And the ice cream tasted like a Steve's mix-in; a bit of nostalgia for those of you who remember that shop. He mixes the cupcake in to the ice cream, which I could tell was a premium vanilla. Good stuff. Though I hope he doesn't come by too often or might not be able to hold out...

• Like 1