Labor Day Weekend Anniversary Dinner with Bar Seating in TriBeCa

bettyjoan

Hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary in NYC next weekend, and we are looking for a spot for a nice dinner on Saturday night.  We are staying in Tribeca, so the closer to that neighborhood, the better.  The twist is, we really don't care about getting reservations because we always prefer to sit at the bar - so wherever we go needs to have that option (even if we'd have to wait a bit).  Thoughts?  Thanks!

Hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary in NYC next weekend, and we are looking for a spot for a nice dinner on Saturday night.  We are staying in Tribeca, so the closer to that neighborhood, the better.  The twist is, we really don't care about getting reservations because we always prefer to sit at the bar - so wherever we go needs to have that option (even if we'd have to wait a bit).  Thoughts?  Thanks!

This may help you narrow your search down.

Thanks!  Any personal favorites on that list?  I know we'll go to Locanda Verde at least one night.

No, I've fallen out of currency with NYC these past few years - I used to be fairly up on things here, but that has dropped off. Now, that will be changing (some).

My immediate reaction was Locanda Verde, but you've already said you'll probably eat there during your visit, so that's not news for you.  Just remember that their bar can still be a shitstorm of loud trendy folk on a weekend night.  Labor Day weekend might increase or decrease that -- I'm not sure.  We had a very nice lunch there last week and I do know that the food is still good.

Again, I have no idea as to whether Labor Day weekend will increase or decrease your chances at the bars (or table seats) for the following places.  I do know that they all might be worth going (even  though they've all long since past being hip or trendy, they all still draw in a lot of patrons): Babbo or Lupa (bar eating at both is good), Annisa (totally different feel"¦ one of my favorite chefs) & the always forgotten L'ecole (the culinary school restaurant on Broadway), which I admittedly haven't been to in several years but might be one of those things that click and you look back upon fondly for many years (or, may not).