Which Restaurant Do You Want To Visit, But You've Procrastinated ... And Why?

lovehockey

Amoo's- I don't know why, I guess we just don't go to McLean often.

The Grill Room- cost, saving it for a special go.

Fiola Mare- a little pricey and Georgetown.

Taco Bamba- we have taco places we already go and this is just enough out of our normal way.

A whole bunch of places on H St, because it's a pain in the butt for us to get to.

My list is shameful really.

Red Hen (have tried twice to no avail)

Rose's Luxury

Fiola Mare

Mintwood Place

The Partisan

Izakaya Seki

Inn at Little Washington

I have more, but those are highest I suppose. I'll add Ben's chili bowl since it was mentioned. I'm embarrassed I consider myself a foodie, have lived here over 15 years and have never been.

• Like 1

Pupatella. I live in Silver Spring, almost directly on the other side of the Beltway, and work in DC. I just don't get out to Arlington very much.

Osteria Morini -- I haven't been because I don't go to baseball games so I need to make a special trip just to go to the restaurant.  And I'd want to go on a day when there isn't a baseball game.

I made a special trip for Osteria Morini last February and was glad I did. I'm never in that part of town unless for a (rare) baseball game.

• Like 1

Sushi Capitol, Daikaya Izakaya, Izakaya Seki, Sushi Taro

Don't know anything about Japanese food. Feel like I need to go with someone who knows something about it to help me select things. I will eventually just do this on my own, but that's the reason for procrastination.

Ditto

• Like 1

Sushi Capitol, Daikaya Izakaya, Izakaya Seki, Sushi Taro

Don't know anything about Japanese food. Feel like I need to go with someone who knows something about it to help me select things. I will eventually just do this on my own, but that's the reason for procrastination.

I would be up for this, as well, if we could find someone willing to go with us with a bit more knowledge on Japanese food.

• Like 1

I would be up for this, as well, if we could find someone willing to go with us with a bit more knowledge on Japanese food.

Kogiya. I've gone but never with folks who wanted to try the AYCE option.

When I read these posts, the first thing I thought was that these seem like great ideas for DonRockwell gatherings.

When I read these posts, the first thing I thought was that these seem like great ideas for DonRockwell gatherings.

I would probably go to both, depending on my schedule! Let's do it.

little serow--I'm vegetarian and don't eat fish (or fish sauce) so the no substitution thing makes it a nonstarter.

I don't have many friends who really want to do the whole really spicy and no substitutions thing, even if I want to go.

I am leaning to Izakaya Seki. They take reservations for parties of 5-8 people only, so there's a possibility. I don't know the logistics though. Should I call the restaurant first for dates and times available? Put out a Don Rocks call for 8 participants? And propose a date and time?

I pm'd DR just now.

I am leaning to Izakaya Seki. They take reservations for parties of 5-8 people only, so there's a possibility. I don't know the logistics though. Should I call the restaurant first for dates and times available? Put out a Don Rocks call for 8 participants? And propose a date and time?

I pm'd DR just now.

Yes!  Great idea :)

• Like 1

I pm'd DR just now.

Yes!  Great idea :)

I would call and speak with Cizuka mid-afternoon - I suspect she'll be happy to accommodate a group of 8 (especially on an off-night, and especially if you don't mind sitting upstairs). Remember also that Jeff has all but come right out and invited us to Grapeseed - both would be great places for a get-together. Both of them have been active members of this website, and I think milling through the threads, looking for chefs, GMs, and owners who actively participate here, is the best way to say "thanks" for being part of the community. I could rattle off a lot of names, but I'm afraid I'd leave someone out - if you've been reading the forum, you know who they are. Honestly, that's the best way to pay *me* back as well - having restaurants actively participate here has been one of my core values since our inception, and I'm always happy when we get a chance to show them our support.

BTW, I was getting caught up with recent PMs (the older ones - like, over a month old - that I haven't yet opened are a disgrace, but I'm still going to read and reply to them); I've fallen behind today, so I've got about 10 from the past 24 hours that are still unread - I'll get to them soon, maybe tonight. Let me know what I can do to help - that's what I'm here for.

I want to at least mention: I've tried to help before (right now I'm thinking of the picnics), and not only were my offers shunned, but a couple people who shunned them are no longer even active on the website (*headdesk*). I almost fainted when someone recently wrote me and belittled me for our picnics becoming failures. This is probably why I should just sprout some stones and make announcements, rather than being so apologetic for being pro-active in doing things that I *know* are in people's best interest. As a general rule, my priorities have recently been, in order:

1) Stay out of people's way when they want to do something

2) Help however I can, whenever someone asks me for help

If you want a hundred people at the Spring picnic with a mix of restaurant-sponsored dishes and member planned-potluck, I can do it - just give me the go-ahead and two volunteers.

• Like 1

I pm'd DR just now.

Izakaya Seki is a place I've been wanting to try for ages too and have never made it.

If there's still room (and the date works) my wife and I would be interested in joining the group.

Hopefully they'll have the ara yaki available (that Mark Bittman wrote about a while back)!

• Like 2