Sehkraft Brewing, Westover Market Beer Garden's Sister Restaurant in Clarendon, With Chef Eric Pollard - Closed

I see that Sehkraft appears to be finally making progress. They've got the giant fermenters in place and I see tables and chairs. Any word on when this place will open? An Arlnow article said they were aiming for late August, which was obviously wrong. 

(In case folks here aren't aware of the place of which I speak, it's a sister restaurant to Westover Market Beer Garden.)

Soft opened today at 4 pm with a limited food menu.  Their own beer also isn't ready yet.  They were serving other brands of beers.

The butcher shop and market are also open.  The market carries Lyon Bakery breads.

edited to clarify - The market is very small and still had empty shelves when I stopped in this evening.

For those who frequented the butcher shop at Westover Market, you may be happy to know that Cody is the smiling butcher behind the counter at this butcher shop. He was always friendly and helpful at Westover, so it was nice to see him again when I popped in quickly to the shop last night.

Anyone been here?  Matt and I went to go the other weekend we wanted to get a beer and a burger and potentially sit outside, but they were having a buffet, and the place wasn't that busy.  They had an a la carte menu during that time that was a little odd.  There is something about not often changed trays of chaffing dishes that I am just not willing to do, save for times I absolutely have to.  We opted to go down the street to Green Pig and a had burgers and beer inside.  Anyway the market had some really nice offerings, kind of like the "best" gourmet items from Westover.  They have been fairly busy outside on some nights we have driven by, so I was just wondering.  

They only do the brunch menu on weekends, which I find more than a little annoying.  Been here for lunch during the week 3 times over the past couple of months.  It has never been very crowded when I was there.  I am to understand that it gets more crowded in the evenings  The sandwiches are fine, if not remarkable, and eat much like you would expect from reading their descriptions.  They do offer a relatively extensive "specials" menu at lunch with maybe 6 or 7 items that I probably should pay more attention to.  They were having some delays in getting the brewing operation up and running.  Only on my most recent visit did they have any house made beer on the beer menu.  They had 2.  One of which was out.  If you have ever been to the Westover Beer Garden this will all make perfect sense to you.

Depressing. Not sure what it is that makes it so hard to succeed in Arlington - maybe the sky high rents or the onerous regulation - but it sure seems like a hard place to succeed. I wonder what the Don Tito guys will put in this location in their ongoing quest to ruin Clarendon. 

Massive space, delayed opening which forces restaurants to spend cash that they don't have, a concept that has an above normal overhead costs in payroll, and a location off the path. It's tough to open restaurants in this day and age and with the world of Uber making it easier for people in the burbs to travel into the city, Clarendon has had its fare share of struggles in the last 12 months. Where Mister Days sits now used to be a brew pub, and I just can't remember the name but it started with Blue. That restaurant bubble is about to pop.

• Like 2