Bee Aware - The Varroa Destructor and Colony Collapse Disorder

DonRocks

"It's Beekepers vs. Monsanto in Mexico" by Al Jazeera English on facebook.com

I'm cynical enough not to readily buy into the varroa destructor theory without first ruling out Monsanto. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but remember the near-extinction of the bald eagle and DDT.

"Bald Eagle Bounces Back After Decades of Persecution" by Robert Winkler on news.nationalgeographic.com

Reagan said, about the U.S.S.R.: "Trust, but verify." I don't trust Monsanto any more than I trust Philip Morris, so it's "Don't trust, *and* verify."

"It's Beekepers vs. Monsanto in Mexico" by Al Jazeera English on facebook.com

I'm cynical enough not to readily buy into the varroa destructor theory without first ruling out Monsanto. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but remember the near-extinction of the bald eagle and DDT.

"Bald Eagle Bounces Back After Decades of Persecution" by Robert Winkler on news.nationalgeographic.com

Reagan said, about the U.S.S.R.: "Trust, but verify." I don't trust Monsanto any more than I trust Philip Morris, so it's "Don't trust, *and* verify."

"US Government Says Widely Used Pesticide Could Harm Honeybees" on theguardian.com

May 30, 2019 - "The US Just Banned 12 Pesticides that Are Like Nicotine for Bees. Here's How Dangerous They Are." by Aria Bendix on businessinsider.com

Jun 25, 2019 - "Trump EPA OKs 'Emergency Use' of Bee-Killing Pesticide on 13.9-Million Acres" by Jordan Simmons on ecowatch.com

Scroll up to the first post - the "Varroa destructor" theory was BS from day one - of *course* it's pesticides. From today's Le-Monde:

Aug 27, 2019 - "Disparition des Abeilles: Comment l'Europe a Renoncé à Enrayer leur Déclin" by Stéphane Foucart on lemonde.fr