Line Cooks (and One Pastry Cook), Listen Up: This Is Your Chance Of A Lifetime

DonRocks

If you're a top-of-the-top cook (and *only* if you're a top-of-the-top cook), there are positions opening up for you at what will probably be the most important restaurant to open in DC in 2015.

Starting date is 80% December 1st, with a 20% possibility of pushing that back a week (but no more than a week).

The restaurant will be open 7 days a week, dinners only, and your work week will be about 50 hours.

If you write me, we can discuss finances, but in addition to your salary, you'll receive one of the best healthcare packages a non-union restaurant has to offer (after 60 or 90 days, I'm not sure which).

2 weeks off per year - 1 week vacation, 1 week sick leave. Any unused sick leave may be used as vacation, but must be used within the following 12 months (i.e., you can't keep accruing weeks-and-weeks of sick leave, but you *can* take a 2-week vacation if you don't use any sick leave the previous year).

I'm not at liberty to say which restaurant this is, but you probably already know - it's near the Mount Vernon Square Metro.

You will be working on the line with one of the most important chefs in the history of Washington, DC, and this is absolutely something you will want on your resume going forward.

The chef is requesting that if you're currently employed, you give your employer 4 weeks notice. And that's *after* you're hired, so decide quickly, because you're going to be interviewing ASAP.

Write me here or at donrockwell@dcdining.com, and if you know of anyone that this sounds like a match for, email them the link to this post.

This will be your opportunity to work alongside an absolute top-level chef at what will be a Michelin 2-star level restaurant.

You know what to do.