Paisano's, A Local Pizza Delivery Franchise Originating in Fair Lakes - In Numerous Area Locations

I don't think there is a separate thread, so I'll ask it here: Is there any decent pizza to be had in the Fairfax City area?

Pretty sure there's a Paisano's in that area. They're my delivery option of choice where I live. Can't say I've ever dined in, though and I can only speak for their pies but I've been a loyal customer ever since they opened a location near me.

Pretty sure there's a Paisanos in that area. They're my delivery option of choice where I live. Can't say I've ever dined in, though and I can only speak for their pies but I've been a loyal customer ever since they opened a location near me.

I've never had a Paisano's pizza in my life - is it worth it for emergency delivery? They have 25 locations in VA, MD, and DC as of this writing, and I just assumed it was a crummy national chain like Domino's (I'm quite proud that we don't have a thread on Domino's!)

There's some other chain that begins with a "V" that's the same - I've never had it before, and I always assumed it's a crummy national chain.

In searching for it, I found Veloce - has anyone been? On the surface, it looks like Ruth Gresser jumped about the fast-casual train.

Paisano's is my go-to delivery pizza order as well.  As JSnake says, it doesn't match up to the finer local pizza joints, but those places don't deliver to me (and are too far away to make it worthwhile to GrubHub or whatever delivery service).  I typically get their Greek pizza.  It's a good balance of ingredients, a decent sauce, not so much salt that I blow up like a pufferfish the next day, and the crust is tender and yeasty without being like white bread (although I've had it a bit overcooked from time to time).  I've also stopped in for pickup a couple of times and the Annandale location is clean and the manager there is a very positive guy and the staff doesn't walk around with scowls on their faces, so my take-away is it must be a decent enough place to work as well.

• Like 1

Paisanos cheese pizza is a solid pie for take out or delivery. It was our go to at the Falls Church location on Broad, even tho I'm surrounded by other options. Ive always liked the taste of the cheese (blend?) they use, and it's always cooked right (I appreciate the attention to and consistency of the "doneness" if that makes any sense). Also, good house Italian dressing.

Oh god, you're right. I'm embarrassed now. If anyone from Veloce is reading this, I am so sorry. That was careless and I should have double checked. And sorry if I misled anyone else who read my post. Now I'm gonna have to try one of Veloce's pies

It's okay. :) I knew what you had done because it was a mistake anyone could have made - I'll fix it for you.

ETA - You had already fixed it!

BTW, I did the *exact* same thing once with Piola and Vapiano - I got a letter from Vapiano's PR rep within one hour pointing out that they hadn't even opened yet. I replied with an unabashedly apologetic letter, offering to make amends however she wanted me to; she said it was okay and understood that I'd just gotten the names mixed up. People make mistakes, mon.

More importantly, I'm getting strong signals from the community that Paisano's is much better than Vocelli, correct? And that the former is worth ordering in a pinch, but the latter isn't? If that's correct, this is useful information, and I'll give it a shot one of these days.

Paisano's is one of the better delivery options in my area, and I agree they provide a consistent product in a reasonable amount of time.

I usually enjoy the "Paulie's Pizza", which is a thin crust pizza topped with pepperoni, extra cheese, and fresh garlic.

Unfortunately, I've yet to find a pizza place that is "crave-worthy".

I will have to try it again as well.  I had a couple of slices at the Bailey's Crossroads location when it first opened a couple of years ago and judged it awful.  Maybe they had a bad day.  I remember it being super-salty.  Will try again - - I also like plain cheese slices.

Living out in the wilds of Chantilly VA I've definitely had Paisanos from time to time, but at the moment I could not tell you the slightest thing about the pizza. I know people order it at work too. 

So what happened in Silver Spring? They took over the Radio Shack space and agreed to start paying rent before opening??