Convivial, From the Owners of Mintwood Place - 8th and O Street in Shaw

2 hours ago, eatruneat said:

Chestnut & Foie Gras soup

Years ago, we did a Christmas eve at Vidalia. That was the first time I had chestnut soup. So good. I love chestnut soup now. Foie Gras also one of my favorite things. Together, I bet that was amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had arrived at Convivial early - way early - thinking that I'd be able to nab a seat at the bar at 5 PM, and have a drink while waiting for the restaurant to open at 5:30. Bad assumption: The bar op

Twas a few nights before Halloween.  Our prior visit to Convivial did not support the raves we had heard about Convivial.  Thus our hearts were filled with fright and trepidation.  But like Scooby Doo

The fried Coq au Vin is no longer on the menu.  The chicken dish is the Poulet Rouge for two.  It is one of if not the best roasted chickens that I have ever eaten.  Except for the drums it is deboned

Posted Images

13 hours ago, saf said:

Years ago, we did a Christmas eve at Vidalia. That was the first time I had chestnut soup. So good. I love chestnut soup now. Foie Gras also one of my favorite things. Together, I bet that was amazing. 

Tom Power used to put Foie Gras into his Chestnut Soup, but I'm not sure he does any longer (hey Tom, if you're reading this - is there any way to put in a special order for this)?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Tom Power used to put Foie Gras into his Chestnut Soup, but I'm not sure he does any longer (hey Tom, if you're reading this - is there any way to put in a special order for this)?

Jean-Louis Paladin used to make the richest chestnut soup with lots of pureed foie gras in it. Michel Richard also used this recipe. The most decadent soup I've ever had. I used to pair these soups with Tawny Port or Malmsey Madeira. 

• Like 3