Taco-ma, Tacos, Yucatan Chicken, and Beer on Cedar and Blair Street in the Former My Little City Space in Takoma - Closed

Tried this since Taqueria Distrito Federal seems to be closed and the kids really wanted Mexican. They just opened a few weeks ago and are still not on a fully regular schedule.

It's a pretty limited menu with around 5 choices for tacos, same for burritos, and a few sides such as beans and rice as well as the chicken. We got two tacos (fish and al pastor), chips and salsa, a steak burrito and quesadilla.

I had the steak burrito prepared al arriba, which means it is doused with salsa and guacamole. It had a nice taste, but not a lot of meat for the size. Felt like it was mostly rice and beans. Only tasted the taco al pastor which had an interesting juxtaposition of slight spice with something sweet as well, some sort of fruit I think. Kids' quesadilla was pretty standard fare, though they also forgot to prepare it so it came out quite a few minutes after everything else. Salsa was very good, though a little too salty for me. 

Generally the food was good, but at a cost. Our total bill was $41, then with tax and tip ended up being over $53. For a place that doesn't have alcohol and you order from a counter and then sit down, the prices are way too much IMO. My burrito alone was $15. They brought our food to us, but others they called out their numbers and were expected to come up to pick up their food.

This really made me miss TDF already.

I just received the following e-mail from the Old Takoma Business Association:

TACO-ma Restaurant Now Open in Takoma
Inspired by the cuisine of the Yucatan Peninsula

New restaurant TACO-ma Yucatan Chicken has opened at 353 Cedar St, NW, in the vibrant Takoma historic business district. Owners of the Takoma Park, MD favorite, Roscoe's Neapolitan Pizzeria, and Del Ray's Taqueria el Poblano have joined forces to open this new concept specializing in favorites like tacos, burritos, quesadillas, plus Yucatan chicken.  All food is made on site with an emphasis on sourcing the freshest, local ingredients.  The chicken, from Shenandoah Valley Organic, is humanely raised, organic chicken free of hormones, pesticides, and antibiotics.

The cozy dining room centers around a map of the Yucatan Peninsula, celebrating the restaurant's style of food and inspiration. A new bar has been added to the space (formerly My Little Bistro) and will be offering specialty tequilas, craft beers, fresh mixed margaritas and sangrias, among other favorites in the near future. The restaurant currently offers lunch and dinner options and will expand later with brunch offerings, including favorites like huevos rancheros, breakfast burritos, and more.

"We are so pleased to offer something new and exciting to the Takoma neighborhood with our casual, authentic style of Mexican cooking," says co-owner Daniel Villena, "As the only Mexican restaurant in Takoma, we look forward to providing a unique and genuine experience to locals and visitors alike.  We will maintain the same standards that we abide by at Roscoe's Pizzeria in that we are a family restaurant offering only the freshest quality foods made with local, organic ingredients.

TACO-ma Yucatan Chicken
353 Cedar St, NW 
Washington, DC 20012
Next to the Takoma Metro Station
https://www.facebook.com/TACO-ma-Yucatan-Chicken
http://www.yucatanchicken.com (coming soon)

Hours:
MondayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday11am-9:30pmSunday11am-6pm. Closed Tuesdays.