TMB - LAME DUCKs

ustreetguy

I always knew you West of the Park people were snobs.

Me and U Street Guy and Barbara and Logan Circle are going to have a party and you're not invited! And it's gonna be real cool, too!

:P

Yeah - we could include Logan Circle, Adams Morgan, Mt. PlEasant, Dupont Circle, U St Corridor, Columbia Heights & Kalorama. We'd be the LAME DUCKs :D

Yeah - we could include Logan Circle, Adams Morgan, Mt. PlEasant, Dupont Circle, U St Corridor, Columbia Heights & Kalorama. We'd be the LAME DUCKs :P

That covers me, and I'm potentially in. This probably needs to go to a LAME DUCKs thread, and may I suggest Mandu for a first location? I haven't been but have been meaning to. Maybe after xmas? 27th or 28th? Open to other location/date suggestions of course.

That covers me, and I'm potentially in. This probably needs to go to a LAME DUCKs thread, and may I suggest Mandu for a first location? I haven't been but have been meaning to. Maybe after xmas? 27th or 28th? Open to other location/date suggestions of course.
Let us not forget the great San Marco, which is still open while the owners try to find a buyer. A serious "authentic" restaurant in a neighborhood increasingly invaded by the "hip" (read: who cares about food?? I just want to get drunk and laid") places.

(So says somebody who has spent too many {or, not enough?} New Year's Eves at this place? You ALL should have a place like this a couple of blocks away from your home.) Hmmmm. Would anybody from AM, MP, U Street, DC care to weigh in?

Works for me. I've certainly walked by that place enough times and never gone in. Anybody have a preference on date?
Let's do it. I live in AM and would love to get to San Marco one more time before it closes. The week between Xmas and New Year's works for me.

Yeah - we could include Logan Circle, Adams Morgan, Mt. PlEasant, Dupont Circle, U St Corridor, Columbia Heights & Kalorama. We'd be the LAME DUCKs :P

Modest Proposal: .....Mount Pleasant, Eckington, Dupont...Shaw

I'd be up for San Marco, schedule permitting etc...

San Marco WILL be open on the 27th, and I have reserved some space for us at 7:30. Please PM me, if you want to go and I will keep track of the list. I need to give a final number by Tuesday, the 26th. Look forward to seeing some of my favorite people, and meeting new ones, at a place we have been frequenting since its original incarnation as "Veniziano's". :P

This list for Wednesday, 7:30pm at San Marco:

ferment everything

cjsadler

Waitman + Mrs. B

ustreetguy

Eating Out

MBK

Monique DC

bonaire (?)

qwertyy

legant

synaesthesia

Dame Edna +1

Anyone else? Let me know by 8 pm tomorrow. Thanks.

Please bear in mind that this will not be a $20 Tuesday. You can get away with that, if order judiciously and don't drink anything but tap water, but the bill will be generally higher.

This list for Wednesday, 7:30pm at San Marco:

crescent fresh

ferment everything

cjsadler

Waitman + Mrs. B

ustreetguy

Eating Out

MBK

Monique DC

qwertyy

legant

synaesthesia

Dame Edna +1

Anyone else? Let me know by 8 pm tomorrow. Thanks.

Please bear in mind that this will not be a $20 Tuesday. You can get away with that, if order judiciously and don't drink anything but tap water, but the bill will be generally higher.

BUMP! Time's awastin'

For those of you coming from outside the neighborhood, the address for San Marco is: 2305 18th Street, NW (on the NE corner of of 18th and Kalorama).

We have a cancellation and maybe another, so there is room if you would like to join us but thought it was too late. Roberto is pretty flexible about the exact number. I don't think he is looking at a particularly busy night otherwise.

Ahem. Full grappa tasting notes, please.

It was some good shit.

Single vineyard, single grape, electrically distilled, (as opposed to stacking vine clippings under a copper pot) which ensures smooth flavor and consistent product (we were told). Much sweeter and smoother than that cheap-ass Greek raki, the only other wine-must distillage that I am familiar with -- almost girlie in comparison :P . And, despite the cool bottle, priced consistent with the fact that grappa is, in the end, moonshine.

I mean the product of Italian peasants' creativity in wringing every last drop of ethyl alcohol out of their small holdings and two thousand years of culinary tradition.

Unfortunatley, I don't have the vaguest clue who the maker was.

Chin-chin.

Why don't you suggest a place that 1) you want to try; or 2) you believe the rest of us would enjoy?

I hear great things about this "Buca di Beppo" place....

But seriously...(browsing the restaurant guide)...I haven't tried Mark and Orlando's. And the last couple posts on the Sette Osteria thread look promising. And I could use a Pesce return trip.

I hear great things about this "Buca di Beppo" place....

But seriously...(browsing the restaurant guide)...I haven't tried Mark and Orlando's. And the last couple posts on the Sette Osteria thread look promising. And I could use a Pesce return trip.

I haven't been to Mark and Orlando's, either, so I vote for that.

I've been to Mark & Orlando's and their food is great, but I'm not sure how they do with large parties. Someone will need to check into that. Since I missed the San Marco meet-up I selfishly would like another chance there, but am happy to try somewhere else too.

When does this new Casa Oaxaca place open? On his chat Sietsema mentioned a pre-opening party he attended there and said the food was great.

I've been to Mark & Orlando's and their food is great, but I'm not sure how they do with large parties. Someone will need to check into that.

mark & orlando's hosted the one year annv. party for notti bianche and they did a superlative job.

I wouldn't mind organizing this, but a ballpark # of people interested would be a good thing. Anybody else?
A lot of people might be interested; but, until you pick a date, nobody will be able to commit. So pick a date and time already.

These lunch meet up groups seemed to have died off a few years ago. Anyone interested in resurrecting one for occassional weekday lunch meet ups along or not to far from the Red line? I work from home now which is great for getting out to try new places, but it'd be nicer to have some company.