City Hams (As Opposed to Country Hams)

JSnake

Does anyone know where one can get a good city ham around these parts? Looking for hams cut from the shank-end, spiral-sliced, bone-in with no added water or "natural juices" labels. They should also already be cured and smoked so I can just roast to serving temp and carve. I know there's always the option of a butcher but I'm wondering if there's a supermarket that will give up the goods. It's very important that the conditions I laid out are met.

I got the latest Trader Joe's flyer in the mail and they have city hams featured. I don't know about the no added water or "natural Juices" bit, as it wasn't mentioned in the flyer, but everything else seems to comport with what you're seeking.  Maybe they'll let you taste-test some?

This would be the archetype of what you describe.  They'll sell you one unglazed if that's what you're looking for.

Spiral slicing the hams at the Tysons store was actually my job every Christmas break during college.  It was a twelve hour shift most days, and they fed us the rejects twice a day during our 15 minute meal breaks.  I still eat it now, so I guess it's either pretty good or I'm hopelessly brainwashed.