Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, a Syracuse Barbecue Chain with Live Music at 1401 Fleet Street in Fells Point

Has anyone been to the Baltimore location?  This was a staple when I was a Student at Syracuse University in the late 90's.  I loved that their menu listed occasions they cater for:  weddings, divorces, etc.

Go Orange! I miss that place. Please keep me posted everyone if it is worth a stop in Baltimore. I was so happy when wegmans came down here so I can buy the sauce :)

I'd heard of Dinosaur, and this is currently their tenth, and southernmost, location. Is this barbecue, or BBQ (there's nothing wrong with the latter; it's just a different thing).

Sorry for my ignorance, but what's the difference between barbecue and BBQ?

Sorry for my ignorance, but what's the difference between barbecue and BBQ?

I don't claim to be an expert or even much of a stickler, but this article will explain it as well as I could - many people say BBQ when they really mean roasting or grilling; barbecue means "cooking with indirect heat and by contact with smoke only" (purists, feel free to correct me).

"The Difference Between Grilling and Barbecue" by Emanuella Grinberg on cnn.com

I don't claim to be an expert or even much of a stickler, but this article will explain it as well as I could - many people say BBQ when they really mean roasting or grilling; barbecue means "cooking with indirect heat and by contact with smoke only" (purists, feel free to correct me).

"The Difference Between Grilling and Barbecue" by Emanuella Grinberg on cnn.com

Thanks for the info.  Pretty certain although I am not privy to all of their secrets that they are not grilling, and that they are cooking with smoke.

I really need to get here and see if it is what I remember from my Syracuse days.  What I do recall is that the fries are hand cut and they didn't travel well for the 10 minute drive back to my group house.

Go Orange! I miss that place. Please keep me posted everyone if it is worth a stop in Baltimore. I was so happy when wegmans came down here so I can buy the sauce :)

Same here!

I also like their spiedie marinade...brings me back to the state fair!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.  Pretty certain although I am not privy to all of their secrets that they are not grilling, and that they are cooking with smoke.

I really need to get here and see if it is what I remember from my Syracuse days.  What I do recall is that the fries are hand cut and they didn't travel well for the 10 minute drive back to my group house.

The chili fries with the Big Ass Pork Plate were my favorites. Mmm...

Still use their cookbook for their chili and rubs.

• Like 1

The more I think about it, the more I remember that Wango Tango wings were quite good.  Which reminds me that I bought a bottle at Wegmans a couple of months ago.  It might be time to open it up and do some grilling.  Perhaps this weekend in the blizzard.

• Like 1