Naked Lunch, Vegan, Vegetarian, and Organic-Only Lunch Counter at Mom's Organic Markets - Several Area Locations

Went to the Naked Lunch restaurant on Saturday, in the bottom floor of the new Mom's Organic Market in Courthouse (on Lee Highway).  Enjoyed my lunch thoroughly.

They don't seem to have a separate website (though they're a separate restaurant that I think only operates in MOM's - there's one in Rockville and Merrifield, maybe others). I can't find their menu online, so I'll try to remember to take a picture of the takeout menu I brought home.  Some of the items are described in the yelp reviews.

It's a tiny, tiny place - one two-top table, four barstools (with backs and padded, yay) at a little counter, and that's it. Good for take-out, if it's too full to eat in. Service (ordering at the counter) was a little slow, though it could be because they don't have their routine down yet.  Service was also very friendly and accommodating.

Everything was vegetarian, and I believe they can make most or all of the dishes vegan.  Mostly it's fast-casual steamed or roasted veggies, on top of grains, with tasty sauces. They have set items (I was looking at the Lin Bowl and the Moler Bowl, but ended up with roasted cauliflower steak over spinach, brown rice, mushrooms, and a couple other things I think, with a zingy chimmichurri sauce/dressing).  They'll substitute anything, it seems like, or just add things (I had asked about another dish that included sweet potato, and when I ended up with the cauliflower, she asked if I would like sweet potato on it too - yes please).  And you can create your own combo if you prefer that to the bowls on the menu.

Mine was very tasty and filling.  I asked for light dressing, and she gave me extra on the side because she said she'd gone very light - I appreciated that. Delicious dressing, and it complemented the veggies very very well.

My husband had the Sushi Bowl, which included tofu, rice, avocado, and some other things, and a gingery sauce that I liked very much (I'd order that dish another time if I wanted a change from the cauliflower).

They have lots of fresh juices (all the combos had vegetables, which I'm not a fan of in juice form, so I didn't try them, but I wouldn't be surprised if I could get it without), kombuchas, bottled drinks in the refrigerated section, and a black bean burger as well as the various bowls.  I'll definitely go back.

Went to the Naked Lunch restaurant on Saturday, in the bottom floor of the new Mom's Organic Market in Courthouse (on Lee Highway).  Enjoyed my lunch thoroughly.

They have lots of fresh juices (all the combos had vegetables, which I'm not a fan of in juice form, so I didn't try them, but I wouldn't be surprised if I could get it without), kombuchas, bottled drinks in the refrigerated section, and a black bean burger as well as the various bowls.  I'll definitely go back.

Of note: All MOM's employees can eat at Naked Lunch for free. I'm sure there are limits, but considering the swill that some restaurants call "Family Meal," this is a pretty good perk.

I was torn, in the Multiple Locations Dining Guide, whether to classify this under "Healthy (and Vegetarian") or "Supermarkets and Stores" - this is the first time I've thought of doing both; I opted for the latter. Regardless, I initialized coverage of Naked Lunch as Italic in the blind - this sounds like a place the world could use a lot more of.

• Like 1

I'd probably call it healthy and vegetarian, and feel like it might be more useful for people looking for such places to have it listed that way in the guide.  But I see how it could go either way.

The person before us tried to tip the person at the counter, and she said no, thank you but no tipping, and something about how they have a good deal with MOM's.

I'd probably call it healthy and vegetarian, and feel like it might be more useful for people looking for such places to have it listed that way in the guide.  But I see how it could go either way.

The person before us tried to tip the person at the counter, and she said no, thank you but no tipping, and something about how they have a good deal with MOM's.

Wegman's same thing - no tips since they are all salaried.