Novak Djokovic vs. Roger Federer - Head-to-Head Matchups

DonRocks

Jan 28, 2016 - Semifinals, 2016 Australian Open

Novak Djokovic wins, 6-1, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3. Djokovic played as well as he's ever played for the first two sets, then Roger Federer's pride took over, and he found his form in the third before succumbing to the superior player in the fourth.

Djokovic now leads the overall rivalry, with a razor's edge margin of 23 matches to 22. Can anybody stop this man? I don't see how - he looks to be the most dominant player on the horizon for at least a couple more years - maybe some young upstart will come along, but I don't see anyone just yet.

Rafael Nadal has been knocked out of the conversation for GOAT, but Djokovic is only 28 years old (Federer is 34) - he surely has more Grand Slam titles left in him, but does he have seven? That's how many he'll need to tie Federer - it's not impossible, the way this titan has been rolling along, but I think he has a better chance to break Federer's "Weeks At #1" record of 302 - Djokovic has racked up 183, and I don't see any serious competition on the horizon. Maybe an injury is this man's biggest threat.

Djokovic needs the French Open to complete a Career Grand Slam, and come Memorial Day Weekend, he's going to be *hungry* for the French, and I think he could take it this year.