Ventnor Sports Cafe, Scott Auslander's Pub and Sports Bar on 18th Street Showing Every Nationals Game in Adams Morgan - Closed Nov 30, 2018

Full disclaimer Scott is a great friend.  I was there the first day he opened and have lent  a hand as well as from time to time over the years.  Helped hang some TVs, bar backed when he was swamped, worked the fryer, been on runs to Restaurant Depot, etc.  All of that being said, Scott is a great guy (I knew him back when we were kickin it at Syracuse University) and he runs a heck of a sports bar/pub.  I have always been a fan of his food and thought that his wings are the best in town (even though I am highly biased).

It warms my heart that Tim Carman gave him such a nice review today in the Washington Post.   Scott has pumped blood sweat, and tears into Ventnor for almost 10 years.  Over the almost 10 years he has worked more hours than most in a lifetime.  I know of him taking just one week off since opening.  All of his hard work really shows in how he runs his operation.

If you have never visited, I suggest you stop by.  Scott will most likely be there, and he is always willing to chat you up if you are in the mood.

Ventnor Sports Cafe

• Like 1

Full disclaimer Scott is a great friend.  I was there the first day he opened and have lent  a hand as well as from time to time over the years.  Helped hang some TVs, bar backed when he was swamped, worked the fryer, been on runs to Restaurant Depot, etc.  All of that being said, Scott is a great guy (I knew him back when we were kickin it at Syracuse University) and he runs a heck of a sports bar/pub.  I have always been a fan of his food and thought that his wings are the best in town (even though I am highly biased).

It warms my heart that Tim Carman gave him such a nice review today in the Washington Post.   Scott has pumped blood sweat, and tears into Ventnor for almost 10 years.  Over the almost 10 years he has worked more hours than most in a lifetime.  I know of him taking just one week off since opening.  All of his hard work really shows in how he runs his operation.

If you have never visited, I suggest you stop by.  Scott will most likely be there, and he is always willing to chat you up if you are in the mood.

Ventnor Sports Cafe

Congrats to your friend and to you.  I think I've been there twice, and to be honest I believe it followed his hiring of a grad or two of the bar school...but last time was some years ago.  At a different age and time I spent too much time in Adams Morgan.  I frankly don't go over there these days.

But the review by Tim Carmen is sweet and nice....and if Ventnor's does combine a healthy pub environment with friendly staff and food that is above the norm for taverns/pubs/sports bars...then it is worthy of its 10 year history and here is to another decade.  It is a winning combo here, in Philly and around the country.  Bully for you for working in the bar, the boh, filling in and helping out. If you did it on days/nights where they were slammed then you really get to know the f&b business.  I'd like to say I "know" the restaurant...but Its been too long and too infrequent.  I don't.  But I salute reviews of this type and wish him continued success.

Congrats to your friend and to you.  I think I've been there twice, and to be honest I believe it followed his hiring of a grad or two of the bar school...but last time was some years ago.  At a different age and time I spent too much time in Adams Morgan.  I frankly don't go over there these days.

But the review by Tim Carmen is sweet and nice....and if Ventnor's does combine a healthy pub environment with friendly staff and food that is above the norm for taverns/pubs/sports bars...then it is worthy of its 10 year history and here is to another decade.  It is a winning combo here, in Philly and around the country.  Bully for you for working in the bar, the boh, filling in and helping out. If you did it on days/nights where they were slammed then you really get to know the f&b business.  I'd like to say I "know" the restaurant...but Its been too long and too infrequent.  I don't.  But I salute reviews of this type and wish him continued success.

My helping out was to do cleaning or whatever to help him get open initially, and if I happen to be there when he is slammed, I will clean glasses, work the fryer, whatever to help a friend out.  It reminds me of the times when I actually worked for a living.  Now I just sit behind a computer, talk to people on the phone, send emails, etc.

Scott's hard work and determination definitely show in the product he puts out.

Sounds cool - but I have to ask, do they show Nats games?

See, that's the only reason we ever go to sports bars, and I find it frustrating to go in for a Nats game and be stuck with some out of town team because we didn't know that was the place's thing.

Sounds cool - but I have to ask, do they show Nats games?

See, that's the only reason we ever go to sports bars, and I find it frustrating to go in for a Nats game and be stuck with some out of town team because we didn't know that was the place's thing.

I confirmed with Scotty that they show every Nats game.

20 hours ago, DaveO said:

As stated previously Scotty is a very good friend.  This news is truly bittersweet.  For 14 years, he worked nearly every day to make the place successful and it was.  Whatever the next chapter is, he will be successful.  Good news is that I can invite him over anytime and we can make nachos.

• Like 3