Flying Dog Cold Press Coffee Porter

pras

Cold Press Coffee Porter is the most recent installment in Flying Dog's Brewhouse Rarities series.  It is a relatively low alcohol porter coming in at 6.0% abv.  The beer has cold pressed coffee made with coffee from Bean Rush Cafe.  I was skeptical at first before trying this beer, but I was truly amazed.  This is one of the best beers I have had in a long time.  It is straight up like drinking a cup of ice coffee.  I was so impressed that I threw a temper tantrum at the brewery when picking up my beer allotment for the club I am in there (they are making us pick what we want a month before the release based solely on the description--needless to say I liked this much more than Tropical Bitch) and I was told I couldn't have this as my six pack.  Although I am not proud, my tantrum was almost like my 5 year old would throw, but it resulted in a six pack which is chilling in my fridge as I type this.  Bottom line, if you see this on-tap or in a store, get some and try it.  I do not think you will be disappointed.