Tail Up Goat, Chef Jon Sybert, Beverage Director Bill Jensen, and Service Director Jill Tyler All Come from the Komi Team - Adams Morgan

3 hours ago, DIShGo said:

If you go out for a cocktail between now and October 31, consider one of these restaurants. Kudos to Jill at Tail Up Goat for organizing #dcdrinksforbahamas to raise funds for Bahamas hurricane relief.

Great idea.  I donated through world central kitchen.  We sailed out of Marsh Harbor last February.  I know someone who lost his Marina and business there, another person whose sailboat sunk down there and have a good friend whose but is here but due to be back in the Abacos in November.

As of tonight (I think) Tail Up Goat is doing take-out. Ordering link here. We ordered a couple days ago and picked up tonight and were very very pleased. They have 3-course meals (with very good clear instructions about any little bit of cooking or plating required to make them wonderful) and other awesome stuff including ALCOHOL thank god.  The pick up system is good and safe and you get to say hi to Jill through your mask and hers. Delicious stuff, and if places like this have been important in your life as they have in mine, we should do what we can to increase the likelihood that they will continue to exist in whatever form the future makes possible.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sheldman said:

As of tonight (I think) Tail Up Goat is doing take-out. Ordering link here. We ordered a couple days ago and picked up tonight and were very very pleased. They have 3-course meals (with very good clear instructions about any little bit of cooking or plating required to make them wonderful) and other awesome stuff including ALCOHOL thank god.  The pick up system is good and safe and you get to say hi to Jill through your mask and hers. Delicious stuff, and if places like this have been important in your life as they have in mine, we should do what we can to increase the likelihood that they will continue to exist in whatever form the future makes possible.

What'd you order?  

We got Tail Up Goat delivery last night, and it was delicious (it was also nice to not cook dinner, as I have every day since March 6, when I dined at Tail Up Goat). Menu was beef brisket in a red wine and gravy, broccoli rabe with an asparagus vinaigrette, a cucumber salad, and bread. We also bought one of the bottles of wine they recommended to pair (A delicious Rioja), as well as a cocktail. They had very clear instructions on how to reheat everything, and it was all delicious. This isn't an every day thing, but it was nice for a special occasion. If you're looking for a treat I'd recommend it. 

• Like 2

That sounds wonderful. We've got an order coming Sunday. I've been looking forward to it. Since I plan my menus out in advance, for the few places I've ordered from, I tend to select near or at the end of the slots offered. Doesn't disrupt my menus and I get longer to anticipate it:).

• Like 1

I will pile on the recommendations for the takeout at Tail Up Goat. We got it a few weeks ago before they opened the dining room. The lamb was phenomenal (as always) and the dessert was perfect (as always). Amazing deal for $45.

I'm happy to see they're keeping the takeout going for now as dining in isn't really an option for us for a while. More than happy to do takeout though and support a favorite place of ours until we can go back in person. 

• Like 1

My sweetheart treated me to a wonderful take-out Valentine’s Day meal from Tail-Up Goat. Four courses, plus an amuse bouche, dessert, and a couple of bonus sweets. It was all delicious, but the standouts were: the charred octopus salad, with panelle, sorrel, pickled mustard seeds and sofrito, and the squab, with Madeira jus, black truffle, cabbage and sweet potato gratin. The dessert, a chocolate and clementine torte, nasturtium flowers and Aleppo, was lovely and delectable.

We also enjoyed two delightful, little “my heart is in your hands” apple pies. There was so much food, we wound up enjoying half of it the next day.

We have shared many memorable carry-out meals since the pandemic struck, but this one stands apart from most.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Tweaked said:

As posted on their IG page:

Friday Feb 11 - Monday Feb 14 Tail Up Goat goes pop up steakhouse featuring Tail Up riffs on steakhouse favorites.  Reservations go live January 14th. 

It looks like they've posted the menu on their website:

Dinner will be $125 per person exclusive of beverage, tax and 22% service fee (in lieu of tipping). Optional beverage pairings will be available for an additional $80 per person. We’ll have lovely bouquets from Darling & Daughters available for pre-order. If you purchase a bouquet it will be at your table when you arrive.

Riffs on Steakhouse Favorites // Valentine’s Menu

caviar service $120 supplement (must be pre-ordered when reservation is made)
30g of ossetra caviar, housemade yukon gold potato chips, creme fraiche with chives, hard boiled egg and chopped onions

Starters
shrimp cocktail // oysters
eggplant & cocktail sauce // onion ring (vegetarian option)

Main Event
grilled strip steak & sauces // blooming shroomin & sauces // deviled crab (pick one for the table)
wedge salad
frites
creamed kale

Dessert
key lime tartlet
chocolate lava cake