sheldman

Tail Up Goat, Chef Jon Sybert, Beverage Director Bill Jensen, and Service Director Jill Tyler All Come from the Komi Team - Adams Morgan

3 hours ago, DIShGo said:

If you go out for a cocktail between now and October 31, consider one of these restaurants. Kudos to Jill at Tail Up Goat for organizing #dcdrinksforbahamas to raise funds for Bahamas hurricane relief.

Great idea.  I donated through world central kitchen.  We sailed out of Marsh Harbor last February.  I know someone who lost his Marina and business there, another person whose sailboat sunk down there and have a good friend whose but is here but due to be back in the Abacos in November.

As of tonight (I think) Tail Up Goat is doing take-out. Ordering link here. We ordered a couple days ago and picked up tonight and were very very pleased. They have 3-course meals (with very good clear instructions about any little bit of cooking or plating required to make them wonderful) and other awesome stuff including ALCOHOL thank god.  The pick up system is good and safe and you get to say hi to Jill through your mask and hers. Delicious stuff, and if places like this have been important in your life as they have in mine, we should do what we can to increase the likelihood that they will continue to exist in whatever form the future makes possible.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sheldman said:

As of tonight (I think) Tail Up Goat is doing take-out. Ordering link here. We ordered a couple days ago and picked up tonight and were very very pleased. They have 3-course meals (with very good clear instructions about any little bit of cooking or plating required to make them wonderful) and other awesome stuff including ALCOHOL thank god.  The pick up system is good and safe and you get to say hi to Jill through your mask and hers. Delicious stuff, and if places like this have been important in your life as they have in mine, we should do what we can to increase the likelihood that they will continue to exist in whatever form the future makes possible.

What'd you order?  

We got Tail Up Goat delivery last night, and it was delicious (it was also nice to not cook dinner, as I have every day since March 6, when I dined at Tail Up Goat). Menu was beef brisket in a red wine and gravy, broccoli rabe with an asparagus vinaigrette, a cucumber salad, and bread. We also bought one of the bottles of wine they recommended to pair (A delicious Rioja), as well as a cocktail. They had very clear instructions on how to reheat everything, and it was all delicious. This isn't an every day thing, but it was nice for a special occasion. If you're looking for a treat I'd recommend it. 

• Like 2

That sounds wonderful. We've got an order coming Sunday. I've been looking forward to it. Since I plan my menus out in advance, for the few places I've ordered from, I tend to select near or at the end of the slots offered. Doesn't disrupt my menus and I get longer to anticipate it:).

• Like 1