pras

Isabella Eatery, Mike Isabella Lends his Name to a 41,000-Square-Foot Eatery at Tysons Galleria - Closed

5 hours ago, dcs said:

I saw it.  Outrageous.  Both arrogant and symptomatic of someone who "doesn't get it". 

1 hour ago, Pat said:

Eek. How long until that tweet is deleted? Any PR people working for that company must be ripping their hair out.

Agree with Pat.  Some PR aware person got that tweet removed as soon as was possible.  (I don't know what time he put that up....but there are certain people who should be banned from tweeting insulting tweets that reflect significant anti-social anger provoking reactions....--it would be for their own good).

The last element I learned from the Carmen Judkis article:

As a business person Isabella has a mix of naivete and arrogance; or possibly so much arrogance that it blinds him to grown up business. and responsibility.   When he complained/whined about a judgement that terminated his lease in College Park--those words exemplified that he lacks understanding about his lease and the seriousness of the contract.  Having read that as a prospective landlord I'd never lease to him--ultimately too unreliable by a significant level. 

The following paragraph also indicated a mix of arrogance and naivete:

“You know why I didn’t think it was too much? Because I had about 20 other f---ing deals on the table” before the lawsuit, he said. Eight of them were underway, including plans for more restaurants in the District, as well as in “Vegas, Houston, Atlanta, Philly. Some of them, multiple projects in a city.” Bankruptcy filings also mention a project in the Middle East.

Being offered many deals is not an indicator of "too much" in any way or form.  It simply means there is a ton of empty space around the globe.  It has nothing to do with being capable of responsibly handling that level of business.   The statement completely misses the point. 

Investors, as the one cited lost $$ on his deal(s).  He never bothered referencing that.  I guess he doesn't care.   He whined about being evicted from the college park location by court order.  I guess he doesn't get the seriousness of the lease contract.

All in all I found it to be a revealing article.   oooh.  That tweet was sort of symbolic icing on the cake.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveO said:

(I don't know what time he put that up.

I was curious about that so made sure to check the time stamp on the tweet. It was yesterday 6:33 PM (or thereabouts. I may have the exact minute wrong).

Lingering question in the back of my mind....I watched that buildout for about a year. It was extravagant. Who eats that expense, and what does the Galleria do with that single-purpose space now?

2 hours ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

Lingering question in the back of my mind....I watched that buildout for about a year. It was extravagant. Who eats that expense, and what does the Galleria do with that single-purpose space now?

Before I flap my lips, the only folks who know who spent what on buildout are the parties to the lease.

Without knowing the details I suspect the landlord (ll) put out the majority or all the $$.  With that the lease rate would be higher.  If Isabella spent a lot on buildout the lease rate would be lower.

Now it is the ll’s responsibility.   Ripping it out is far less expensive than building it, but doing so means the money spent now goes down the drain.  I read somewhere the landlord is targeting a new restaurant group or groups.  That would make financial sense with regard to the buildout.

• Like 2