Potomac Village Deli - Reopen in Kentlands with the Original 1978-2006 Ownership

Coming soon, per Bethesda Magazine.  I am going to file this one under very interesting as I can walk to this spot in about 5 minutes.  With another location of Potomac Pizza within delivery distance, it doesn't really change a thing for me (my family ranks Potomac Pizza towards the top of our list).

On 2/17/2016 at 4:45 PM, pras said:

Coming soon, per Bethesda Magazine.  I am going to file this one under very interesting as I can walk to this spot in about 5 minutes.  With another location of Potomac Pizza within delivery distance, it doesn't really change a thing for me (my family ranks Potomac Pizza towards the top of our list).

Potomac Village Deli first opened in 1978 (or so I thought; their website says 1975), and closed in 2006.

Screenshot 2016-06-20 at 09.52.07.png

Incredibly, using our rules (opening before 1979, and remaining open until this website was founded in 2005), it qualifies to be on our list as Oldest Restaurant in the Washington, DC Area, regardless of whether or not it was reopening now.

Screenshot 2016-02-17 at 23.42.53.png

Now open in what was the Potomac Pizza space.  Pretty much a total renovation from when they served pizza.  The food was as you would expect it, with a pretty decent menu.  I thought the pastrami sandwich was decent.  For me, with this being a 5 minute walk from my house, it doesn't need to be an amazing 5 star experience.  It passed my test, and probably reached a bit above my expectations.  THe pastrami was good and the pickles were flowing.

PotomacVillageDeliMenu.pdf <--- Yiddish "Dictionary" on last page.

On 2/18/2016 at 2:24 AM, DonRocks said:

Potomac Village Deli first opened in 1978 (or so I thought; their website says 1975), and closed in 2006.

Screenshot 2016-06-20 at 09.52.07.png

There's a timeline at the bottom of this article - the name "Potomac Village Deli" was almost surely not the name of the Deli in Olney from 1975-1978, I should add that I'm probably the only living person who cares about this, but "1978" it shall be in the Oldest Restaurants thread.

Feb 12, 2002 (not a typo) - "Sam's Back" on connectionnewspapers.com