Bawarchi (formerly Karaikudi), Indian Kitchen on Metrotech Drive in Chantilly and Richmond (Short Pump) - In Need of Support

I believe this restaurant is now Bawarchi - does anyone know if it's the same ownership? In Henrico, I'm not sure what happened to the property, but Karaikudi is definitely closed there.

Bawarchi was similar but not quite as good as Karaikudi.  With that said, the buffet was usually excellent.  Unfortunately when we went last week we were informed that they discontinued the weekday lunch buffet.  I imagine I will be writing another epitaph soon.

Went to Karaikudi on Friday to take one for the team and see how far downhill it went.

Closed for Renovations.

Never a good sign, if I were a betting man (and I am!) I would say it never reopens.

RIP

If anyone gets wind where that chef goes, let me know.  His cooking was awesome.

Well stop the presses.  I am eating at Don Churros today with my wife and kids and I notice an open sign on Karaikudi.  I walk the three year old over to burn off his energy while aiting for food and lo and behold - the place is open and serving the buffet.  I guess they really were closed just for renovation....

I believe this restaurant is now Bawarchi - does anyone know if it's the same ownership? In Henrico, I'm not sure what happened to the property, but Karaikudi is definitely closed there.

Bawarchi was similar but not quite as good as Karaikudi.  With that said, the buffet was usually excellent.  Unfortunately when we went last week we were informed that they discontinued the weekday lunch buffet.  I imagine I will be writing another epitaph soon.

Less than one year after opening. :(

To the owners, is there anything we can do to support you? I'll be in the area on Friday, and would be happy to try anything you recommend. I'll give an honest assessment of it/them - I can't lie for you, but I *can* promise you an honest review, which could lead to good amounts of PR, for free.

Please let me know what *you* would order, if you were taking a family member there - in other words, what are you most proud of?

Dear God, there's a Bawarchi in Richmond as well (Short Pump), which might mean that this is the same ownership, and just a reconcepting change; or, it could mean something else entirely.

Yelp claims that Bawarchi is in Henrico (which fits nicely with the Short Pump address). Both restaurants may both still be open, and they may both still be open under the same ownership, in which case, the same thread still applies.

Wrist-slitting time!

I'm folding my hand. Can someone please find out for me?

1) Did Karaikudi change to Bawarchi at the corporate level?

2) Did they sell off the restaurants, and the new owners changed them one at a time (seems unlikely)

3) Any other information you can give me?

4) I so desperately want to partake in a cyanide experiment.

At this hour, in the state I'm in fatigue-wise, the odds of me having gotten this correct are less than 5%.

Guys, owners, chefs, restaurateurs ... happy to give you my love, but you've got to help me. Really and truly, you've *got* to help me.

Part of the problem is Punjabi by Nature is next door inside the food court of Lotte. With five aisles of Indian groceries and a serious percentage of shoppers at any given moment, they are more likely to go over to the food court area.