The Hersch

Trivia: Did you know that Eric Burdon was the lead singer of *both* The Animals ("The House of the Rising Sun") *and* War ("The Cisco Kid")?! I can't hear the same person singing both of these recordings, but it is so.

Strictly speaking, Eric Burdon was the lead singer of "Eric Burdon and War", not of "War", which existed outside his participation with it. Eric Burdon had no role in "The Cisco Kid", which was recorded by War, on their great album The World Is a Ghetto, which was entirely Burdon-less. Don't get me wrong: I love Eric Burdon, but only for the work he actually did.

Strictly speaking, Eric Burdon was the lead singer of "Eric Burdon and War", not of "War", which existed outside his participation with it. Eric Burdon had no role in "The Cisco Kid", which was recorded by War, on their great album The World Is a Ghetto, which was entirely Burdon-less. Don't get me wrong: I love Eric Burdon, but only for the work he actually did.

You're absolutely correct. Thanks for chiming in with the accurate information.

This merits its own topic, but in doing some research to verify your statements (which were, of course, entirely accurate), I found this wonderful article:

May 14, 2014 - "40 Albums Baby Boomers Loved That Millennials Don't Know" by Kory Grow, Kenny Herzog, David Marchese, and Dan Reilly on rollingstone.com