"Pregnancy-Friendly" Dinner near Dupont Circle

Choirgirl21

I'm meeting a friend for dinner Monday evening. Said friend is pregnant and still dealing with occasional nausea. She said she is up for a nice dinner out, but the menu at Convivial didn't appeal to her. Any suggestions for something still worthwhile, but that might have simpler options available for her? Another friend is supposed to be joining us and there is a possibility that her husband and 1 yo-ish baby may also come so that could further complicate things. Husband is not an adventurous eater. I'm on a really tight budget right now, so I don't want to break the bank, especially if it's on something generic.

Friend is staying at the Fairfax at Embassy Row in Dupont, other friend would be coming directly from work at the Museum of African Art, but I am coming from MD (green lining from the Greenbelt metro or driving from Laurel), so I would say it just has to be metro accessible in a somewhat central area.

Good luck! :P

Seriously, I appreciate any help.

Regent Thai?  Noodle dishes simple and comforting, budget friendly?  Or DGS?  It has fairly comforting food, I don't think it is too expensive.  

Upstairs DGS is fairly echoey unless they have changed it. If the baby is loud it will be heard pretty easily by the other patrons.

Regent Thai? Noodle dishes simple and comforting, budget friendly? Or DGS? It has fairly comforting food, I don't think it is too expensive.

Thanks, we're going to try DGS. I loved the Dino's suggestions but it would have required a cab ride for my friend and the menu at DGS appealed to her. Turns out the other friend's hubby will stay home on baby duty so that's no longer a concern.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks, we're going to try DGS. I loved the Dino's suggestions but it would have required a cab ride for my friend and the menu at DGS appealed to her. Turns out the other friend's hubby will stay home on baby duty so that's no longer a concern.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Warning: Parking for DGS on the west side of Connecticut Avenue can require an illegal crossing followed by scaling a guardrail. It's not a big deal, but if someone is 8-months pregnant, it might be quite a nuisance.

Warning: Parking for DGS on the west side of Connecticut Avenue can require an illegal crossing followed by scaling a guardrail. It's not a big deal, but if someone is 8-months pregnant, it might be quite a nuisance.

DGS doesn't offer vallet parking, but the restaurant next-door does, and DGS patrons can use theirs.

• Like 1

DGS was a good choice, thanks again for the suggestion. I'd have some little nitpicks if I were writing a full review, but all in all food and drinks were good and the price and location were right.

And you can't beat the $7 Manhattan (says the woman who never ventures out in time for happy hour - the perk of meeting a pregnant friend :P ).

• Like 1