On Kobe Bryant's final game of his career, he tosses in 60 points on a career-high 50 shots.

Yes, the Lakers were feeding him the ball and telling him to shoot, no the Jazz weren't playing their best defense, but who cares.

All people will remember 50 years from now is 60 points in his final game.

Congratulations on a legendary career, Black Mamba!

Kobe Bryant is a complex person, but in the end, if you read his statement about his incident, he admitted to raping the woman. She did not consent, which makes it rape; full stop. On the other hand, apparently he was a great dad. And did a lot of local schools etc. And of course, he was a superb basketball player. 

I know some will say it is inappropriate for me to bring this up on the day he died, but he paid very little in the way for his horrible judgement and actions. And if we let our famous people be both good and bad, if we allowed people to have flaws and expected them to be called out for their flaws and praised for their great parts, the world wold be better. 

There is a woman out there who went thru hell because of what Kobe did and she is not getting any thoughts and prayers. 

My takeaway is that it is too bad that heroes that kids worship today are media and sports stars who are famous for skills that are not always commensurate with the kind of people they are. If we stopped listening to media start and sports stars about important issues, we would be better off.

• Like 3