Mary Scott (1921-2009), Californian who Acted in Numerous Small TV Roles for Several Decades

DonRocks

Mary Scott was an actress who appeared in four "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" episodes, and that's good enough for me.

Ms. Scott was married to Sir Cedric Hardwicke (who played in "Rope"), but after seeing her for the fourth episode in AHP, I decided that no matter what else she did with her career, she deserved her own thread, and I hope someone else chimes in with some of her other work.

Scott published a memoir entitled, "Nobody Ever Accused Me Of Being A Lady," but with her mildly Audrey Hepburn-like screen presence, I'm accusing her right now.

The four Alfred Hitchcock Presents episodes she played a key role in are:

S02 E13: "Mr. Blanchard's Secret" as Babs Fenton, a spirited housewife cock-sure that her next-door neighbor is involved in some terrible skullduggery: Screenshot 2016-05-09 at 23.49.18.png

S02 E15: "Crackpot" as Meg Loomis, a newlywed haunted by a seemingly crazy side-of-the-road man: Screenshot 2016-05-09 at 23.54.49.png

S03 E10: "The Diplomatic Corpse" as Janet Wallace in one of the more awful episodes in the entire series (even though it featured Peter Lorre): Screenshot 2016-05-10 at 00.00.46.png

S04 E08: "Safety for The Witness" as Nurse Copeland who swore allegiance to the witness-of-a-witness to a murder (who happened to be Art Carney): Screenshot 2016-05-10 at 00.04.10.png

• Like 1