Level - Chefs Josh Brown and Brian M. Stewart's Small Plates Lounge on West Street in Annapolis

Been to Level in Annapolis 3 times in the past two weekends and my wife and I are convinced this is the best small plates restaurant in the Annapolis area.  Large and crowded but we have been able to snag reservations on consecutive Friday nights. Place isn't quiet and adult oriented.  I.E. I didn't see any children or really children friendly food. 

Small but great list of curated cocktails.  My wife had a pair of Gimlets with Lime Foam and shaved Lime Rind and I have Moscow Mules with handmade Ginger Beer.  Seemed like a good selection of Beer and Wines.  We had Finca La Mata on Saturday night, a good wine which I have bought by the case.  Annapolis is a drinking town and it doesn't disappoint in this regard.

We have had salads, Fried Cuban Rolls, Lamb, Sea Bass, Pork Loin, frites and they were all great.  They have 4-5 entrees in groupings such as sea, land, veggie, pasta and appetizers.

On West street about a mile away from city dock, which makes for easier parking.  

• Like 1

This place is right near my Mom's house, we go about once every six months.  We like it, they had a good bolognese this winter, we have liked most of the salads too. I introduced my Mom's SO to buffalo cauliflower there.  (It isn't quite as good as the buffalo cauliflower at this restaurant in Garrett County, but it still makes cauliflower pretty tasty.)  I don't think I have had cuban rolls there, but it sounds good. (That area is only a half mile from City Dock, not a mile, just fyi. It is about an 8 min walk.)  Nice report! 

I went once when I lived in Anne Arundel County. It's been about 3 years, so I don't remember many details, but I do remember interesting cocktails and tasty food. If I spent more time in the Annapolis area I'd definitely go back.

living in Annapolis Thursday thru Monday and most recently without a kitchen has given me a chance to try a lot of places.  I owe a write up of Eastport Kitchen which was really good, Soul which was soul less, as well as a few others.   And the Ebbtide, a local dive with great burgers, which is like Cheers.

• Like 2

Curious as to why this doesn't get more mention as the cocktails are as good as most in DC and the prices at $12 for a craft cocktail far better.  Food has never disappointed and the menu is always changing.  Was here for New Years  Eve and it was a great friendly crowd without any pretensions.

Curious why folks on this board who live in Columbia, Laurel or Bowie will drive to DC but not Annapolis.

• Like 1

Another great night of small plates at Level with a few friends.  This place never disappoints and the crowds seem to agree.  I’ve never had anything awful here, most small plates are very good and the cocktails spectacular.

Had a great dinner at Level Saturday night.  New on the menu were crispy Cauliflower with pickled vegetables and sweet and sour sauce-Delicious.  Also Brie and Fig flatbread was rocking as well.

Never have any trouble getting a reservation as Level is up the street from City Dock and Ego alley.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2018 at 10:58 AM, MarkS said:

Curious as to why this doesn't get more mention as the cocktails are as good as most in DC and the prices at $12 for a craft cocktail far better.  Food has never disappointed and the menu is always changing.  Was here for New Years  Eve and it was a great friendly crowd without any pretensions.

Curious why folks on this board who live in Columbia, Laurel or Bowie will drive to DC but not Annapolis.

On 10/10/2018 at 10:44 AM, MarkS said:

If Level was in DC this board would be all over it though then we would have folks nitpick over the noise, seating, parking or service.

You've got my attention, although when you previously recommended the *amazing* Historic Inns of Annapolis option, which gave us a beautiful room right on State Circle at Governor Calvert House (for a ridiculously low price, I will add), we went to Cantler's after not getting a table at Mike's - just because.

Now, my sights are set on Level.

Dinner at the bar Saturday Night.   Reservations for spontaneous dining are scarce in the Annapolis summer as tourists abound.  The bar rarely disappoints and we were able to watch the show as they crafted some great cocktails.  Wife had he usual Vodka Gimlet with lime foam and I have a spicy Tequila cocktail.

We shared many plates-all great.  Swordfish skewers, duck risotto and Brussel Sprouts were all very good. 

2 cocktails, 5 shares plates-110 Tax and tip.. No complaints and we were full and happy.