In the past week, I've received 4 10 km eggs - 3 out of the 4 I've hatched have been Mareeps. Thanks, Pokemon - just what I needed after grinding it out for 3 hours in your Apr 15 event.

When they talk of Pokémon, what do they mean by "bulk?"

Also, I understand this is essentially "Rock, Paper, Scissors," but what are the best attacking legendary Pokémon? (I'm thinking of using some rare candy to power up, and need to decide between a 93.3 Articuno, an 88.8 Kyogre, and an 88.8 Latias.)

One other question that is a bit more complex (*): I have an 86.7-IV, Level 30 Tyranitar with a Bite (Dark) / Stone Edge (Rock) move set. Apparently, you want to have either Bite / Crunch (both Dark) or Smack Down / Stone Edge (both Rock). If I use a Quick TM, I'm guaranteed to get the latter; if I use a Charged TM, I have a 50% chance of getting the former. If this sounds like a no-brainer, it's made more complicated by my already having an 84.4-IV, Level 28 Tyranitar with the former - is there any wisdom to gambling on the best Dark move set, so I can have one with the best Rock move set, and another with the best Dark move set; or do I play it safe, and have two with the best Rock move set?

Have any advanced players here *not* found Discord? I read the "South South Arlington" channel (here's a list of NoVa communities), and these folks are seriously hardcore - if it wasn't for them, I'd have my Mewtwo (via a chance EX-Raid Pass), but wouldn't have made the connections needed to get other legendary Pokémons - if someone really wanted to, they could participate in numerous legendary raids each day (I wouldn't recommend participating on Discord unless you've advanced to at least Level 30 - you can certainly read it, but I wouldn't write a whole lot because these people are quite knowledgeable and devoted). You'll know when it's time to stop lurking and start participating - it's a very friendly group.

(*) - Never mind: That question is flawed - one of the South South Arlington players reminded me that Smack Down was an Event-only fast attack, and can no longer be attained. (Thanks, Teeeeeeeacup! I gambled with a Charged TM, and got Bite / Crunch on my first try.)

I'm a Tropius away from collecting all the available Pokemons.  I have one lined up but my trading partner and I are waiting until we become "ultra" friends.

The more hardcore players are trying to collect every variant of every Pokemon (i.e., shiny, alola).

1 hour ago, Ericandblueboy said:

I'm a Tropius away from collecting all the available Pokemons.  I have one lined up but my trading partner and I are waiting until we become "ultra" friends.

The more hardcore players are trying to collect every variant of every Pokemon (i.e., shiny, alola).

It's insane what people do - some of the people on South South Arlington Discord have 40-million points! There are an absurd number of Unown variations - I don't have any, but I got my first Deoxys last week.

I'm also trying to get every variant of every Pokemon, but at a much more leisurely pace - its' also about impossible: e.g., there are Blastoises, Shiny Blastoises, Sunglass Blastoises, and Shiny-Sunglass Blastoises (this is actually one I have all four of). I have Generation 1 complete except for Kangkashan - I find trading to be a fruitless endeavor, in my limited experience - high IV Pokemons have their IVs wiped out during the trade.

What is an "Ultra Friend?" I have one "Best Friend," and I thought that was as far as you can go.

DIShGo and I each have a 10/15 Ex-Raid pass at the Rodin Museum in Philadelphia - if anyone out there sees this, and wants them, they'll allow up to 4 people, and you can have them for free - just write me here.

On 10/31/2018 at 2:28 AM, DonRocks said:

"One more Suicune, or wait to get five Sedinja?" on pokemongo.gamepress.gg

A question that's haunting us all. I say if you have a Suicune you're *happy* to Level Up (which may mean 93.3+) , then don't roll the dice on another, and go for the Sedinja.

I went for the fifth Suicune, and it's 93.3 IV. :)

Not sure if anyone knows this or not, but when Appraising a Pokemon, there are a series of messages, and if it's a top-notch appraisal, the last (if you're on Team Valor) is either:

"I'm blown away by its stats - WOW!"

or

"It's got excellent stats! How exciting!"

The former means that its strongest attribute(s) is Level 15.

The latter means that it has no Level 15 attributes, but the ones listed are 13 or 14.

Is there any reason why Niantic doesn’t allow Charged TMs to be used during Community Days that would allow access to the special move set? Even a roll of the dice would be better than no chance at all.  

Also ... wouldn’t it be nice to have a “Devolve” option if you wanted to undo your Evolve?

And, since everyone is so interested ... wouldn't it be nice for Pokemons to randomly turn into Shinies when you Evolve them?