I have never before seen anything like "The Triplets of Belleville," and I doubt I will again. A delight for the senses, this animated film is funny, dark, satirical and sweet. 

This excellent review by Roger Ebert  says almost everything I want to say about the film, except a mention of Bruno, the dog and one of the stars of the story. Bruno's creator must be a dog lover, for Bruno's every twitch, scratch, bark and eyebrow raise reminded me of my sweet old yellow lab, Angus.

• Like 2

I saw this film many years ago and I still remember wonderful little bits of it:  that the dog was so wonderfully doggy; the fawning, practically contortionist maitre'd; the fabulous music; so many more vignettes.  I may have to rent this again soon.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, weezy said:

I saw this film many years ago and I still remember wonderful little bits of it:  that the dog was so wonderfully doggy; the fawning, practically contortionist maitre'd; the fabulous music; so many more vignettes.  I may have to rent this again soon.  

The Mâitre d' was hilarious - walking around doing back bridges with a huge smile on his face the entire time. 

Bach's Prelude #2 in C-Minor plays an important part in the movie - the first time you see it, Glenn Gould is playing it on TV, but then it reappears multiple times, one of which being a jazzed-up version in the scene above.

• Like 1