Which Restaurants Do You Want Reviewed? (Multiple Choices Allowed)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which Restaurants Do You Want Reviewed? (Multiple Choices Allowed)

• Thai by Thai (Thai in Sterling, Fairfax, Annandale, and Dunn Loring)
    • Chettinadu (Indian in Rockville)
    • Makoto (Japanese in Palisades)
    • Cedar Knoll (American in Alexandria)
    • Inferno Pizzeria Napoletana (Pizzeria in Gaithersburg)
    • Graffiato (Italian in Chinatown)
    • Osteria Marzano (Italian in Franconia)
    • Hank's Pasta Bar (Italian in Alexandria)
    • La Bergerie (French in Alexandria)
    • Bar Civita (Modern American in Woodley Park)
    • Blacksalt (Seafood in Palisades)
    • Alta Strada (Italian in City Vista)
    • Montmartre (French in SE Capitol Hill)
    • River Bend Bistro (American in Alexandria)
    • Bidwell (Southern in Union Market)
    • Johnny's Half Shell (Seafood in Adams Morgan)
    • Bantam King (Japanese in Chinatown)
    • Rasika (Indian in Penn Quarter)
    • Pineapple and Pearls (Modern American on Barracks Row)

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Feel free to add on to the next poll.

Dropping off this time will be Mamma's Kitchen, Aqua al 2, and All Purpose.

Wow.  This is shocking given Tom just rated it his number one place.  Someone should do a story on the disconnect.

One thing I'm interested in, but feel bad making you invest the money, is Pineapple and Pearls, which Sietsema called the best example of fine dining in America right now. So that goes along with DC having the best Indian and Spanish tapas. But you seem to have a good appreciation of true fine dining. I don't know, perhaps it's something we could pitch in for.

1 hour ago, Deac said:

One thing I'm interested in, but feel bad making you invest the money, is Pineapple and Pearls, which Sietsema called the best example of fine dining in America right now. So that goes along with DC having the best Indian and Spanish tapas. But you seem to have a good appreciation of true fine dining. I don't know, perhaps it's something we could pitch in for.

I'm prepared to spend money and travel if necessary in order to get these reviews done; the only thing you should feel bad about is the potential nomination of Shaw Bijou.

• Like 2

Folks, I'm sorry, but when this poll was closed, Pineapple and Pearls had won. I don't know how Rasika got two additional votes, but I'm fairly certain that Pineapple and Pearls won when I locked the thread. I'm going to go ahead and subtract two votes from Rasika, review Pineapple and Pearls, and resubmit Rasika in future polls.

If I read this incorrectly, and Rasika actually won, please let me know - it isn't out of the question I misread this, but I don't think so.

On 11/10/2016 at 1:00 PM, DonRocks said:

Folks, I'm sorry, but when this poll was closed, Pineapple and Pearls had won. I don't know how Rasika got two additional votes, but I'm fairly certain that Pineapple and Pearls won when I locked the thread. I'm going to go ahead and subtract two votes from Rasika, review Pineapple and Pearls, and resubmit Rasika in future polls.

If I read this incorrectly, and Rasika actually won, please let me know - it isn't out of the question I misread this, but I don't think so.

I just verified that members can indeed vote after a topic is locked, and it's easy to do without realizing it, so there's no malice here. 

The important thing is that I know I'm not crazy, and Pineapple and Pearls did win - from now on, I'll do a screen shot and include that (this entire forum is limited to our most experienced members, so I'm not worried about any "polling irregularities" - plus, one person actually wrote me and said that he may have done this accidentally).

Sorry for the mix-up, and Pineapple and Pearls it shall be - Rasika will be in the next poll.

---

Aha! I just now noticed there's a "Close Poll" button, so not only do I have to lock the topic, I need to also close the poll.