1947, Indian by the Owner of the Curry Mantra Chain - Potomac Run Plaza in Sterling

19 hours ago, DonRocks said:

I'm downgrading London Curry House - the food I had this evening was bordering on inedible, and delivery took nearly an hour longer than I was told. Out of about ten meals here, this is only the second horrific one. If anyone can confirm that I'm wrong, and frequents the restaurant on a semi-regular basis, I'll adjust accordingly, but after this, I wouldn't send my worst enemy here. Even the damned sauce that came with my tandoori chicken - which I was going to pour atop my rice - smelled spoiled, and I threw it out.

Asad opened a new place in Sterling called 1947.  It has been open a few months but I think he might close it down due to lack of diners. 

My issue with Asad is that he is always in expansion mode.  He should be focusing on ensuring that his restaurants are financially stable before deciding to expand.

This place took over for where the Genghis Grill was, I noticed it a month or so back while we were stopping in at the Total Wine.

Tangentially related I guess, are Mongolian places not very popular? All three of the ones I've been to in the area have closed up, that being BD's in Bethesda, the one in Columbia, and the GG at this location.

Washington Posts critic praised their Goat Biryani to no end in the original Fairfax location and that got to Asad's head. All that press made him overconfident and executed without a plan and without a reality check.

Had food at 1947 as well and have to say the experience is similar to what Don describes with London Curry House. 

38 minutes ago, horafeliz said:

Washington Posts critic praised their Goat Biryani to no end in the original Fairfax location and that got to Asad's head. All that press made him overconfident and executed without a plan and without a reality check.

Had food at 1947 as well and have to say the experience is similar to what Don describes with London Curry House. 

Asad also had chef problems at 1947.  His original chef left within the first month after arriving from India.