BRX - Ashwani Ahluwalia's American Bistro in Seneca Square Shopping Center in Great Falls

I just had brunch at BRX, an American Bistro in Great Falls, VA (www.brxgf.com/). Having eaten here for lunch and dinner, sadly I had overlooked this local establishment for brunch.  This place is nestled in the small shopping center along Route 193 (Georgetown Pike) and Leesburg Pike (Route 7) at the traffic light.  They are locally owned and have an excellent menu and specials weekly.  Brunch was excellent - all their food is made to order and from various eggs benedicts to pancakes, crepes or omelettes you cannot miss.  Because they are situated in the corner of the plaza you have to look for it.  The decor is nice and the bar area separated by glass from the main dining area.  When the weather is nice, you can be seated outside.  The staff is accommodating and the owner is often visible and interactive making sure your experience is to your liking.

The have a great wine selection as you will observe when you enter there is a wine locker area that appears well utilized.  If you are looking for a nice, consistent locally-owned restaurant with comfortable atmosphere, check it out.

BRX is in Yannick Cam's old restaurant, Le Relais, which preceded Bistro Provence and Le Paradou (and also this website).

For those select few in the know, Le Relais was a gold mine - it's just that nobody knew about it.

Ask Mark Slater and John Wabeck sometime about how we all took one right up the bum at Le Paradou. And ask me sometime about "The Corkage Incident."