TMB - Rockville Pike Lunch Club

DanielK

If anyone plans on going for lunch, let me know with some warning and I'll sneak out of work to join you as it's only about a 15 minute drive from my office.

See, and I'm just the opposite - it's 10 minutes from my house, so whenever people want to go for dinner, I can swing by on the way home from work...

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to digress from the whole Eve love-fest...

I have convinced my boss to let me telecommute once a week or so :lol: , so I figure I should treat myself to lunch tomorrow (Friday) in central-southern Montgomery County (let's call it Germantown to Bethesda - basically anywhere along the 355/270 corridor).

Anyone open? Sushi, pho, cuban, dim sum, etc. - I'm game.

Sorry to digress from the whole Eve love-fest...

I have convinced my boss to let me telecommute once a week or so :lol: , so I figure I should treat myself to lunch tomorrow (Friday) in central-southern Montgomery County (let's call it Germantown to Bethesda - basically anywhere along the 355/270 corridor).

Anyone open? Sushi, pho, cuban, dim sum, etc. - I'm game.

maybe.

I'll be able to let you know in the morning when I get to work and check e-mail (need to make sure no disasters occurred).

Joe's Noodle House?

Urban BBQ?

maybe.

I'll be able to let you know in the morning when I get to work and check e-mail (need to make sure no disasters occurred).

Joe's Noodle House?

Urban BBQ?

Both winners in my book. Haven't been to Urban since it reopened, so that could be a fine choice.

Anybody up for lunch in Montgomery County tomorrow?

I have the day off, and should be free from services and ready for lunch by 12:30 or 1.

I'm craving Chinese food (Joe's, Bob's, A&J, China Bistro, etc.), but I'll go with a consensus. Anything Gaithersburg to Bethesda is easily reachable.

Who's in?

I have the day off, and should be free from services and ready for lunch by 12:30 or 1.

I'm craving Chinese food (Joe's, Bob's, A&J, China Bistro, etc.), but I'll go with a consensus. Anything Gaithersburg to Bethesda is easily reachable.

Who's in?

Both my kids are home from school today with fevers of 102 and croupy coughs. I have a feeling tomorrow will be much of the same so I will have to go next time. :lol:

Edit to say that I have tickets to the sold-out Black Crowes show tonight that I now can't use so if anyone wants them please PM me. :P It's a hop, skip and jump from the bar at Corduroy to the club.

Edited by Heather

Who's in?

Daniel,

Looks very questionable right now. I probably won't know for sure until tomorrow AM when I get a chance to look at my work mailbox (I get in @7:30).

It's cold, it's windy, and it's Telecommuting Friday!

I'm thinking either Pho 75 for a regular #1 with meatballs, or Joe's Noodle House for N16 - Beef Noodle Soup Szechuan Style.

Anybody in? This is Rockville, if you don't recognize...

Daniel,

I have to stop by Jos A Bank over lunch anyways, so the N16 at Joe's sounds good. I've never tried it. Noonish?

Daniel,

I have to stop by Jos A Bank over lunch anyways, so the N16 at Joe's sounds good. I've never tried it. Noonish?

Give me until 12:15 - I have a meeting that runs until 11:45, and it could run a bit over.

PM incoming with my mobile number just in case...

Sure. Where is it?

On the East side of 355, a half block south of Shady Grove. Next to Momo Taro, in the same spot where the Vietnamese place (and before that, Peking Eastern) was located. Didn't catch the name when I drove by.

All lurkers welcome, of course...

On the East side of 355, a half block south of Shady Grove. Next to Momo Taro, in the same spot where the Vietnamese place (and before that, Peking Eastern) was located. Didn't catch the name when I drove by.

All lurkers welcome, of course...

Edit to remove dumb question

11:30 OK?

Edited by JPW

Tried out the brand spanking new Rockville Rocklands tonight. Tonight's carryout order:

Half rack of pork ribs Dried out and tough, smothered in a too sweet sauce. Red Hot & Blue may be soulless corporate 'cue, but at least the pork is tender. These were not, NOT good.

Hot Wings I was expecting something like Buffalo wings. These were cooked, then drowned in a slightly spicier version of the rib sauce and grilled until the sauce turned black.

Mustard Greens were tender but oddly flavorless, with a watery pot liquor. They had chunks of leftover shredded pork in them instead of bacon or fatback.

Mashed Potatoes not notable in any way. Needed butter, cream and seasoning.

Macaroni & cheese was indistguishable from the Velveeta shells & cheese an old roommate of mine always whipped up for himself when stoned. They would probably taste better in that state of mind.

Grilled catfish Ordered for the kids. This was on the specials board, but they failed to note that it was a sandwich instead of an entree, so there was not quite enough to split between the two little Shorters.

Total bill = $44.00. Despite being 2 minutes from my house I doubt we will be back. I'd rather go to Urban or R,H & B. The food sucked and there's no kid's menu or portions offered.

Yikes. We still trying this place for lunch on Friday?

Hey Rockville Pike Lunch Club --

What's the plan for Friday?

If we don't do Rocklands, I cast a vote for the Kabob place next to Joe's.

I'm going to land up having middle eastern food tonight for dinner at a friend's house, so this isn't my first choice, but I'm game for whatever the concensus is. Who else is in?

I'm going to land up having middle eastern food tonight for dinner at a friend's house, so this isn't my first choice, but I'm game for whatever the concensus is. Who else is in?

Never mind - dinner just got cancelled.

So, Rockville Pike Lunch Club, Friday 2/17, 11:30am, Yekta Kabob.

Who's in?

McDonald's.

Close I ended up having a rather poor burger at hard times.

Does NB have any outside seating?  With this weather today wouldn't it be great to sit outside for HH?  Any interest in finding a spot with outdoor seating?

I seem to recall seeing a couple of tables in the courtyard.

Calling the Rockville Pike Lunch Club:  did you see the blurb about Blue Mountain Cafe in Kliman's chat today?  Sounds like a good candidate.

Thursday is a potential RPLC gathering for me this week - I'll know more tomorrow.