TMB - Rockville Pike Lunch Club

DanielK

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Calling the Rockville Pike Lunch Club:  did you see the blurb about Blue Mountain Cafe in Kliman's chat today?  Sounds like a good candidate.

Outlook tells me that Friday would be good, but that Thursday is impossible.

He wasn't exactly positive about that place, so I'm thinking maybe something else-- I'll have to go back and re-read the chat.

Outlook tells me that Friday would be good, but that Thursday is impossible.

He wasn't exactly positive about that place, so I'm thinking maybe something else-- I'll have to go back and re-read the chat.

Food sounded good, service sounded bad, but wtf. I'll try it anyway because it's different. But I can't make it this Thurs or Fri.

Tuesday is going to be a work-from-home day - flying to San Diego late in the afternoon.

Rockville Pike Lunch Club, time for another meeting?

Probably. What do you propose?

I haven't been to Bob's Noodle in a while. How about that? Or maybe Urban?

Heather? JPW? Anyone else? It will have to be a late-ish RPLC meeting - I have a meeting from 11:30 to 12.

I drove by this place at least twice a week when we were in Rockville but never checked it out. Emma's visiting a friend in Potomac this weekend, so I might swing by the deli after dropping her off and pick up something to go.

I'm starting my "Telework Thursday" schedule this week - perhaps a meeting of the Rockville Pike Lunch Club is in order?

11 AM meeting tomorrow so it'd have to be after noon for me.

Where is this joint?

Not too far from you, actually. 10048 Darnestown Road is the address, in "Travilah Square". GMaps puts it between Travilah and Great Seneca, just blocks from the hospital.

12:15?

Any Rockville Pike Lunch Club members, or prospective members, up for lunch on Thursday?

Maybe the frequently mentioned Bob's 88 Shabu Shabu? The very small amount of english on this page seems to indicate they are open for lunch every day.

For a non-Mandarin speaker, looking at that page is hilarious. :)

I should be able to make it today Dan. 11:30? Do me a favor, PM me your new cell number in case something comes up. I still only have your old one.

ALL ARE WELCOME. Just reply to this thread if you want to show up so we know to look for you.

Happy 22nd mktye!

:)

:lol:

Anyone up for lunch in Rockville tomorrow (wednesday)? I was think A&J, but could go anywhere
Scott,

I should be able to. Let me check back in at about 10 when I have a better idea what data disasters the day holds for me. A+J sounds like a good plan.

I'm good with any of the choices (including A&J, since I missed the 12/8 meeting), though it definitely sounds like we should back-burner Joe's Noodle until things settle out. I'll throw Brooklyn's Deli out there too, as I've been meaning to get back there.

FYI, while I like Mykonos, it's not a cheap or quick lunch. Entree and a drink will probably be $20, give or take a couple of bucks. And if we order apps or desserts...