TMB - Rockville Pike Lunch Club

DanielK

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to work on my twisting skills :P What about the other Bob's-Shabu Shabu?

I would vote for Bob's 66 Noodle over Bob's 88 Shabu-Shabu. We should use Bob's shorthand - 66 instead of 88!

At 88, we'd be stuffed after just Shabu-Shabu. It works great as a larger group dinner, when you can supplement more with the rest of the menu. But at 66 we can get more of a variety. And we just did the blowout at 88 last week.

Edit to add: Nothing to do with ol_ironstomach's complaint that we always do Chinese. :D

Yeah, but there's a special "A&J exemption clause" on that. One of those places I could go to day after day after day...and have!

Naturally, I won't be back in town in time :lol: We decided on a whim to detour through Kentucky for a little shopping and distillery touring :P

Well tomorrow is Thursday and I will be in Rockville so...... anyone want to whim????? Early is better for me, I have a 1pm call I need to be on.

I have to be downtown at some point during the day for a meeting, so I'm probably out.

Scott, regarding Thursday lunch, how about 12:30 at Joe's Noodle House?

Have they settled back into their groove, or are they still mourning the loss of their chef?

Plus, I think Scott and I are tied to an 11:30 start due to 1p meetings.

I will likely be in town Monday with the babe to run some errands. Would love to see anybody interested for lunch on the Pike. I'd be into any of the Bob's or Joe's or A&J type places, or would be happy to go back to Urban BBQ. (Is there anything newer on the Pike that I'm missing? Besides the shabu-shabu place?) Anybody into it? I'm probably more flexible on time than ya'll are.

Hey Mal,

I've got a standing 1 PM meeting on Mondays, so 11:30 is my typical lunch time.

I haven't hit Joe's since the chef left, so I've been meaning to stop by and see how things are going.

Or, we could head next door to Yekta Kabob

Actually, Tuesday is looking better at this point. 11:30 at Joe's Tuesday is ok with me--with the baby, it's usually easier to eat earlier before the room is packed anyway. Anybody else in?

I've shopped at Yekta Market, but didn't realize they had kebabs. But really, good Asian food is impossible to find out here, so I'd rather hit Joe's. (I'll probably buy some BBQ to take home from Urban for dinner.)

I've shopped at Yekta Market, but didn't realize they had kebabs.

It's the other half of the same storefront - bear right inside the front door to the cafe, instead of left to the market. They have the best cornish game hen kabob I've ever had.

I can't make it Tuesday - catch you another time.

Actually, Tuesday is looking better at this point. 11:30 at Joe's Tuesday is ok with me--with the baby, it's usually easier to eat earlier before the room is packed anyway. Anybody else in?

I've shopped at Yekta Market, but didn't realize they had kebabs. But really, good Asian food is impossible to find out here, so I'd rather hit Joe's. (I'll probably buy some BBQ to take home from Urban for dinner.)

Right-o. Tuesday, 11:30 at Joe's it is. Anyone else?

I'm in. Anyone else?
I'm in. You guys have any place in mind?

I was just at Joe's Noodle House on Tues but wouldn't mind a second visit. There were some items on the menu I was looking forward to trying.

Failing that, is there any decent sushi on the Pike? Momo Taro, perhaps?

Or instead of sushi, perhaps Pho 75?? Apparently, I've got Asian food on the brain.....

I'm in. You guys have any place in mind?

I was just at Joe's Noodle House on Tues but wouldn't mind a second visit. There were some items on the menu I was looking forward to trying.

Failing that, is there any decent sushi on the Pike? Momo Taro, perhaps?

Or instead of sushi, perhaps Pho 75?? Apparently, I've got Asian food on the brain.....

I had just suggested sushi to Scott in a PM. Niwano Hana? I'm fine with Pho 75 as a backup if he's not into sushi...