TMB - Rockville Pike Lunch Club

DanielK

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, I thought Dean's thing was from last night? Double-checking...

ETA - yup, Dean's invite was dinner yesterday. But Matchbox tomorrow is still fine. I have a call from 11-12 - would 12:30 work?

Oops. Must need more coffee.

12:30 works for me. Nothing on my calendar tomorrow.

Argh - We have to take Dev for a dr's appt at 1pm. It's in Rockville so we were thinking of having an early lunch at either JNH or A&J. But 12:30 is probably too late for us (and Matchbox not kid friendly). Next time...

Really? What makes you say that? We've had Peanut and Edgy for lunch at the Chinatown location without any issues.

Sichuan Pavillion was last nigth and pretty damned fantastic. New fish dish with black beans... velveted fish with minced black beand and scallions, both deep fried, brothy sauce with a few veggies under a slick of oil. As you took each piece from the bowl, just enough infused oil sticks to the fish to make it glisten. Damm! And authentic Kung Pao chicken... loads of garlic, scallion & ginger, buried under a carpet of crispy red peppers with a nice dose of Sichuan peppercorns.

And authentic Kung Pao chicken... loads of garlic, scallion & ginger, buried under a carpet of crispy red peppers with a nice dose of Sichuan peppercorns.

Really?! Do you have any idea how badly and for how long I've been wanting good kung pao chicken? Damn I'm sorry I missed your post yesterday.