Review #11 - Hazel

DonRocks

Which Restaurants Do You Want Reviewed? (Multiple Choices Allowed)  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which Restaurants Do You Want Reviewed? (Multiple Choices Allowed)

• Chettinadu (Indian in Rockville)
    • Makoto (Japanese in Palisades)
    • Cedar Knoll (American in Alexandria)
    • Inferno Pizzeria Napoletana (Pizzeria in Gaithersburg)
    • Graffiato (Italian in Chinatown)
    • Osteria Marzano (Italian in Franconia)
    • Hank's Pasta Bar (Italian in Alexandria)
    • La Bergerie (French in Alexandria)
    • Bar Civita (Modern American in Woodley Park)
    • Blacksalt (Seafood in Palisades)
    • Alta Strada (Italian in City Vista)
    • River Bend Bistro (American in Alexandria)
    • Bidwell (Southern in Union Market)
    • Bantam King (Japanese in Chinatown)
    • Rasika (Indian in Penn Quarter)
    • Hazel (Modern American in Shaw)
    • Masseria (Italian at Union Market)
    • Hugo's (Modern Mexican in Houston) See 10/24 1:43 PM Post
    • Timber Pizza Co. (Pizzeria in Petworth)
    • Essie's Carriage House (American in Arlington)
    • Oohh's & Aahh's (Soul Food in U Street Corridor)

This poll is closed to new votes

On 11/17/2016 at 7:42 AM, DonRocks said:

No new nominations this week, so I'll assume people are happy with the current set of restaurants.

The Poll (same as last time, with restaurants getting zero votes + China Chilcano dropping out) will close Friday at 5 PM.

Folks, I apologize - I was out of town (twice), and forgot to shut down this poll, so I'll shut it down on Monday at 5 PM (because I didn't shut down the poll, I have no way of knowing what was ahead on Friday at 5 PM).

Right now, it's neck-and-neck between Blacksalt and Hazel, with Masseria and Rasika just behind, but that could all change by Monday.

Please vote - I'm back from San Francisco, where I'm going to review two of the restaurants which got the most votes (preview: If you haven't gone to Swan Oyster Depot, bring cash, as they don't take credit cards), and Tampa, where nobody nominated anything, but I made some important discoveries to report on. I also have Pineapple and Pearls which I still haven't gotten a chance to go to, so I'm only one-restaurant behind at this point, and that's because Pineapple and Pearls is such a difficult reservation.

So this Poll will close on Monday, Dec 6, at 5 PM - good luck to all restaurants.

---

I want to emphasize that this thread is only open to our most experienced members - I did this on purpose as a way to say "thank you," and because of this, the vote counts will always be low, and our senior members will make a direct impact on the DC Dining scene.

• Like 1

I *knew* Hazel would win. I don't know how I knew; I just had a feeling.

Hazel it shall be.

Also:

Pineapple and Pearls is on my to-do list. In fact, I just got off the phone with them - it is not easy to get a reservation there, especially if you're unwilling to plan in advance (it's very hard for me to plan dinners in advance). So it could be awhile before I get there, but it's coming.

As for California, there was a winner, and two places tied for second. I went to both the winning restaurant (which took up *five hours* of my day), and one of the second-place finishers. So, you have two reviews coming from there.

I just got back from Tampa, and wish people had nominated places from there. Nevertheless, I did some exploring on my own, and made two fascinating discoveries of national significance - I may or may not review them, based on whether or not I get caught up. More importantly, there's this. :)

Very happy that 32 people participated in this poll - it's growing in popularity (but will always remain small since it's reserved for our most active members - the others don't even know this forum exists (but they will if they keep posting)).