Sin Fronteras Cafe, a Mexican Mini-Chain in Annapolis and Glen Burnie

I ate dinner last weekend at Sin Fronteras.  My Mother and her SO has been raving about the place, so I was glad to get to check it out.  The parking lot of this place was packed, which has to be a good sign.  My Mom really likes the Margarita Salmon.  She told me to get the Chile En Nogoda which is- A toasty poblano pepper, filled with seasoned ground brisket beef combined with raisins and sweet plantains, topped with our delicious,  homemade cold creamy  Nogada Sauce served with white rice.  It was delicious- it had a really good mix of flavors and was savory, but fresh.  I thought the combination sounded a bit strange, but it was really good.  Not a huge portion, but just right with the chips and salsa and everything else.  My Mom got a seafood soup that I tried which was also delicious- it tasted like a latin version of a bouillabaisse.  SO had the tilapia which was also very good from the bite I stole.  The guac had more cilantro than I like, (but I don't like any cilantro) but was good.  The margarita I had was more than acceptable in size.  I loved this place, the interior is a bit like a sports bar/diner cross in feel, very casual.  The owner was so nice and wanted to make sure we liked everything, which we did.  They take a lot of pride in their restaurant and food.  

The seafood soup here, I forget the name, oh it is really good!  I also had a chorizo taco, which was nice and greasy, but not nearly as good as they soup.  Still need to try the margarita salmon.  This to me might be the most legitimate Mexican food in Annapolis.  It is one of the only places in Annapolis I would export to Arlington.

2 hours ago, ktmoomau said:

The seafood soup here, I forget the name, oh it is really good!  I also had a chorizo taco, which was nice and greasy, but not nearly as good as they soup.  Still need to try the margarita salmon.  This to me might be the most legitimate Mexican food in Annapolis.  It is one of the only places in Annapolis I would export to Arlington.

Is it the Mariscada Soup? If so, this is actually Portuguese in origin, but I wouldn't be complaining!

14 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Is it the Mariscada Soup? If so, this is actually Portuguese in origin, but I wouldn't be complaining!

Yep, it looks like most Central and South American countries have their own versions of this soup now- I was trying to google how it got from Portugal and got adapted, but I can't find that.  I would like to know that, I always find that food history interesting.  

13 minutes ago, MarkS said:

I'll be back in Naptown Thursday and planning on hitting that soup soon.

I got it without the cream because I didn't know if it was dairy cream or not and didn't feel like going through that rigmarole.  If you get it with, let me know how it is!