Review #12 - Closed

Which Restaurants Do You Want Reviewed? (Multiple Choices Allowed)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which Restaurants Do You Want Reviewed? (Multiple Choices Allowed)

• Chettinadu (Indian in Rockville)
    • Makoto (Japanese in Palisades)
    • Cedar Knoll (American in Alexandria)
    • Inferno Pizzeria Napoletana (Pizzeria in Gaithersburg)
    • Graffiato (Italian in Chinatown)
    • Osteria Marzano (Italian in Franconia)
    • Hank's Pasta Bar (Italian in Alexandria)
    • La Bergerie (French in Alexandria)
    • Bar Civita (Modern American in Woodley Park)
    • Blacksalt (Seafood in Palisades)
    • Alta Strada (Italian in City Vista)
    • River Bend Bistro (American in Alexandria)
    • Bidwell (Southern in Union Market)
    • Bantam King (Japanese in Chinatown)
    • Rasika (Indian in Penn Quarter)
    • Masseria (Italian at Union Market)
    • Hugo's (Modern Mexican in Houston, TX) See 10/24 1:43 PM Post
    • Timber Pizza Co. (Pizzeria in Petworth)
    • Oohh's & Aahh's (Soul Food in U Street Corridor)
    • Maison (Modern American in Lancaster, PA)
    • Ruta del Vino (Latino Wine Bar in Petworth)
    • Himitsu (Japanese in Petworth)
    • Field & Main (Marshall)
    • Nasime (Japanese in Old Town)

This poll is closed to new votes

Everything that got a vote in Review #11 will be included in the upcoming poll, and in addition, we'll include restaurants nominated between now and tomorrow at 5 PM, so please get your choices in today or tomorrow.

There is no need to nominate Comet Ping Pong, as I will be going there and reviewing it very soon anyway.

9 minutes ago, kitkatpaddywak said:

Skipping ahead of the line,and not reading all the previous reviews, how far are you willing to travel? And knowing , I may be the single voter for this establishment, it doesn't hurt to through my hat into the ring. 

Maison in Lancaster, Pa warrants consideration. 

Anywhere; it's just a matter of when I can get there. Lancaster is certainly within the scope of short-term dining - but note that Hugo's in Houston, for example, was the only restaurant that got no votes in the last poll, so we still tend to be a DC-centric group. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Anywhere; it's just a matter of when I can get there. Lancaster is certainly within the scope of short-term dining - but note that Hugo's in Houston, for example, was the only restaurant that got no votes in the last poll, so we still tend to be a DC-centric group. 

I respect that the members who chime are DC strong. Just a mention here and there in my neck of the woods is always appreciated . After all, Ive been away, and came back "home". DC has that effect.

4 hours ago, kitkatpaddywak said:

I respect that the members who chime are DC strong. Just a mention here and there in my neck of the woods is always appreciated . After all, Ive been away, and came back "home". DC has that effect.

Please keep in mind that I'm *more* than willing to come up that way to review a place - get your friends and comrades to join, and post a lot (it takes a few posts to even see this forum), and you'll get the votes. I will come up there on a week's notice for sure, but you'll need to recruit locals to vote; otherwise, the places realistically won't win.

Note: If a place gets 0 votes, it drops out. So make sure to vote for each place you nominate - right now, you're our only active member from south-central PA, and I don't want your work to go unnoticed. You're free to nominate as many places as you want; just know that realistically, they won't win until we get more local members.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2016 at 3:53 PM, kitkatpaddywak said:

Skipping ahead of the line,and not reading all the previous reviews, how far are you willing to travel? And knowing , I may be the single voter for this establishment, it doesn't hurt to throw my hat into the ring. 

Ugh, I just realized I never did a review of Maison when we went there two summers ago. It was a great dinner, though going in didn't realize it was BYOB so had to run out to a wine shop around the block. We followed that meal up with ice cream at the food truck park down the street. Another good meal was John Jeffries and we did a couple breakfasts at the crepe place. Maison is very good, but don't think that it is enough destination dining to warrant a special trip just to eat there. It is a definite stop if in Lancaster.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dinoue said:

Ugh, I just realized I never did a review of Maison when we went there two summers ago. It was a great dinner, though going in didn't realize it was BYOB so had to run out to a wine shop around the block. We followed that meal up with ice cream at the food truck park down the street. Another good meal was John Jeffries and we did a couple breakfasts at the crepe place. Maison is very good, but don't think that it is enough destination dining to warrant a special trip just to eat there. It is a definite stop if in Lancaster.

Thank you for the recognition. Maison is a bit of a gem. I do see your point of the drawback that there is no wine& beverage program in place. The likelihood of securing  a liquor license in Central Pa is nearly impossible. 

John Jeffries is a great spot as well. Inside the Lancaster Arts Hotel, it is enriched with so much history. The ever changing farm to table establishment always delivers a finely composed meal. Service is consistently engaging, and well informed. 

Downtown Lancaster is certainly worth a trip, if not for Maison, a plethora of other options are available to explore. 

Thank you for the recognition!

PA proud,

kat

17 hours ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

I saw Alton Brown visited Maison in Lancaster, which is my old home town....I'm going to try it soon myself. It has a buzz.

He did in fact.

Ever since the write up in the NY Post,which drew similarities between Brooklyn,& Lancaster, there has been an influx of people. 

Lancaster is most certainly worth the trip.

kat

IMG_7541.JPG

16 hours ago, kitkatpaddywak said:

He did in fact.

Ever since the write up in the NY Post,which drew similarities between Brooklyn,& Lancaster, there has been an influx of people. 

Lancaster is most certainly worth the trip.

kat

"Food Network's Alton Brown Stops Back at Lancaster for Return to Maison and Stops at Luca, Passenger Coffee" by Jennifer Kopf on lancasteronline.com

Maison for the win!!

16 hours ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

Need a partner?

16 hours ago, kitkatpaddywak said:

May I add myself to the group?  

Of course to both of you. 

I doubt Maison will win, but if it does, I'd be happy for the three of us to go - Kibbee you could drive up there with me, and we could meet Kat.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2016 at 3:53 PM, kitkatpaddywak said:

Skipping ahead of the line,and not reading all the previous reviews, how far are you willing to travel? And knowing , I may be the single voter for this establishment, it doesn't hurt to throw my hat into the ring. 

IMG_7583.PNG