Springbrook HS (1960), Silver Spring, MD

DonRocks

I just started two new forums: Colleges and High Schools, which are only visible to members (just for a little extra member-privacy). 

I'm hopeful that this will bring our membership closer together through common life experiences. We can even start a "Military Brat" thread for those of you who were shuttled around during your youth. :)

I went to Springbrook, in Silver Spring, MD - yep, I'm a native Washingtonian.

Any other Blue Devils here?

44 minutes ago, MarkS said:

1960, no way.  BTW you must know one of the Wasser boys.  I've known Joe for 26 years as our kids grew up at same time.

I graduated with Joe, and we're friends on Facebook. :) We didn't really know each other that well in high school, but well enough to become Facebook friends later on - he has a *lot* of fiercely loyal, life-long friends who think the world of him.

(BTW, 1960 is when the school opened; not when I graduated!)

Trivia: The best athlete ever to graduate from Springbrook High School is not Harold Solomon, or John Bunting, or Buzzy Braman; the best athlete is a long-forgotten mega-stud named Tom Brosius, whose Maryland State High School discus record, set in 1968, lasted 31 years, until 1999 - and whose shotput record, also set in 1968, *still stands today* almost 50 years later! He was an All-American in Track and Field, an All-Met in Football, and an All-County and Montgomery County champion in Wrestling. There are only three sports seasons in high school (fall, winter, and spring), so he had to pick and stick with just three sports; he could have done anything he wanted - I've never met him, but the old-timers have given him a Bo Jackson-type of legend (Bo Jackson supposedly was standing waist-deep in water, and out of nowhere, did a back somersault, landing on his feet, and also supposedly took a running leap and jumped over a Volkswagon).