Special Poll for San Francisco and North Bay, CA #2 - Closed

DonRocks

Which San Francisco / North Bay / Sacramento Restaurants Do You Want Reviewed?   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which San Francisco / North Bay / Sacramento Restaurants Do You Want Reviewed?

• Deflina (Modern American in Mission District)
    • State Bird Provisions (Modern American in Western Addition)
    • Liholiho Yacht Club (Asian Fusion in Lower Nob Hill)
    • Lazy Bear (Modern American in Mission District)
    • Tosca Cafe (Italian Wine Bar in Chinatown)
    • Shalimar (Pakistani in Union Square (I'm waiting to hear from SilentBob if this is the location he wanted - there are four))
    • Tartine (Bakery in Mission District)
    • La Taqueria (Mexican Taqueria in Mission District)
    • Z&Y (Chinese in Chinatown)
    • Marlowe (Modern American Bistro in China Basin)
    • Kin Khao (Thai in Union Square)
    • Plow (Farm-to-Table Breakfast and Lunch in Potrero Hill)
    • Mario's Bohemian Cigar Store (Focaccia North Beach)
    • Golden Boys Pizza (Pizza in North Beach)

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm reopening the San Francisco poll for additional nominations, as I will be spending some more time there during the upcoming months. Additional nominations will be taken until next Thursday, Dec, 22, at 3 PM, after which a week-long polling process will occur. 

I will have written up the two restaurants where I dined before that poll begins (obviously, one of those is the one that won the previous poll, and it took nearly five hours out of my day to frequent), so those two will not be included. I will probably be going to one hyper-expensive restaurant during my visit (hint: I've never been to The French Laundry); the rest of the time I'll be searching for value, as I usually do. Feel free to nominate and vote for as many luxe restaurants as you wish; just know that I can only promise one visit, even if three of them finish in the Top 3 places in the poll - the luxe restaurant with the most votes will be the one where I go, *if* I can get a reservation. Please feel free to continue nominating restaurants, and you'll have two of the above restaurants reviewed by next Thursday.

Nominations are closed, but the new poll will be open from now until Saturday, Dec, 31, at 5 PM. New nominees will be included, as well as the others from the first poll that didn't win or get reviewed.

Thank you *very much* to our amazing members for coming up with such an intelligent list of candidates that won't necessarily break the bank. On my last trip, I hit two of them; on my next trip, which won't be for awhile, I'll try and hit more than two.

Do not be afraid to vote for any fine-dining restaurants. Everything is equally eligible, but only one nominee is truly expensive, and it is owned by a member's brother-in-law, and I always try to actively support our members. The disclosure of that relationship was also particularly appreciated, and our members always appreciate such things - if anything, it makes people more likely to support a restaurant just to reward such honest behavior, but in a perfect world it has no bearing on anything (from my perspective, it has none).

The poll is open! You have all week, but why wait? Go!

On 12/29/2016 at 0:34 PM, pras said:

I see nominations are closed, but if you are going to be in San Fran, you should try Mario's Bohemian Cigar Store, which is literally a hole in the wall which doesn't sell cigars, but does sell the most amazing focaccia sandwiches.

On 12/29/2016 at 4:00 PM, farmer john said:

I'm curious if Golden Boys Pizza in North Beach is still good. It was 30 years ago and appears to still be there. :)

I'm going to be in San Francisco a bit later than I thought, and I'm also going to be there a bit longer than I thought, so seeing as though we currently have a four-way tie, I also included pras' and farmer john's choices, and reopened the poll until next Monday, Jan 8, 2017. 

Please feel free to vote for as many places as you wish, and if you have any more to nominate, I'll make sure to get those in the poll as well, although of course there won't be as much time to vote on them. I'll try to get to as many winners (and perhaps even some non-winners) as I can, and will save the rest for my next trip (also this year).

Even if only one member wants me to try somewhere, I'll be happy to go (you all are worth it).