Pamplona, Spanish Tapas in the Former Rock and Raw Bar at Sobe's - Clarendon Blvd. and N. Hudson Street in Clarendon - Chef James Martin has Departed

On 1/12/2016 at 3:47 PM, cheezepowder said:

ArlNow reports that Sobe is closed and becoming a Spanish tapas restaurant called Pamplona.

On 3/14/2016 at 4:05 PM, dcs said:

There is an ABC notice on the door for a license for Pamplona LLC.  It identifies Naeem Mohd as one of the Corporate Officers with the title of President.  The Mad Rose Tavern website contains a post identifying someone named Naeem as the owner of Mad Rose Tavern.

On 3/15/2016 at 8:00 AM, RWBooneJr said:

Social Restaurant Group, which owns Provision No. 14 and The Prospect in the District, is opening a Spanish tapas restaurant called Pamplona in the old Sobe space. Social Restaurant Group is from Alex Lopez, Mike Bramson and Naeem Mohd. Mohd is also the owner of Mad Rose (along with some family members, I believe).

Pamplona soft opened yesterday (food is 20% off yesterday and today), and their official opening is tomorrow, Thurs, Jan. 12 (Washington City Paper).

• Like 1

Sheesh. We tried to go on a weekend night with no notice after they'd been open a week and they had no reservations available for a couple hours, so I figured they were doing well. But if the chef got in a scuffle with other staff, I can see why they let him go.