Delirium Cafe, Belgian Brewer "Delirium" Opens First U.S. Brewpub in Leesburg with Cicerone Curtis Allred

8 hours ago, brian said:

The franchisee is already a Leesburg restaurateur, so it makes sense that he'd open in Leesburg.

Is he *the* Leesburg restaurateur? Last I checked (a few years ago), several old town Leesburg restaurants were owned and operated by one person - I can't remember his name, but the list is fairly surprising.

We visited Delirium for the first time last Thursday and really enjoyed ourselves.  The bartenders were friendly and knowledgeable about the expansive beer list.  We weren't really looking for a full menu, but the Caramelized Onion and Stilton Blue Crostini ($6.99) were far better than I was expecting - I love finding simple combinations that work surprisingly well like this.  I'm not sure the menu would draw me back for dinner, but I could very much see this as a stop on a Loudoun brewery day.

Side note - we were on a bit of a bar/restaurant crawl in dowtown Leesburg - starting at the Downtown Saloon (a true dive bar), hitting Delirium, the Wine Kitchen and Lightfoot.  We had to stop before getting to the Oyster Bar since Leesburg shuts down at 10, but really enjoy this 2 block strip.

• Like 2