Dressy bicycling and walking shoes

Ericandblueboy

I bought a Brompton bike last year and so far I've brought it to Vegas, Nassau (Bahamas) and Cabo San Lucas.  I've mostly pedaled around in my ABEO flip flops but I'm going to Copenhagen next month and I'm going to be dining in Michelin starred restaurants.  So I'm looking for dressy looking shoes that can handle biking and walking.

Dromarti looks nice but I can't seem to find where they are sold.  Or Quoc Pham.  I need help!  

Do you need clip in bicycle shoes for that type of bike? I assume not if you were using flip flops?  If not, why not something like: http://www.colehaan.com/mens-grandpro-tennis-sneaker-black-black/C24138.html?dwvar_C24138_color=Black-black&dwvar_C24138_width=#cgid=mens_shoes_sneakers&start=20

Since the sole is dark too, you don't really notice it's a leather sneaker and not lace ups?  I know other brands have things similar, Matt has brown leather sneakers with brown soles he wears at Mount Vernon when he has to do a ton of walking, but also needs to be "dressed up".  I think they might be Kenneth Cole or something.  Cole Haan used to do a great job on women's shoes that were casual and had the Nike insoles, not sure if they still do that collaboration.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ericandblueboy said:

I bought a Brompton bike last year and so far I've brought it to Vegas, Nassau (Bahamas) and Cabo San Lucas.  I've mostly pedaled around in my ABEO flip flops but I'm going to Copenhagen next month and I'm going to be dining in Michelin starred restaurants.  So I'm looking for dressy looking shoes that can handle biking and walking.

You've read that Copenhagen has a strong public bicycle program, right? (No need to bring your own unless you're going longer than a couple of miles - they were real clunkers when I went, but they got you around town, and lots of people use them.) I wish I could help you on the shoes - you could always get a lightweight pair, that could double as walking shoes, and stow them in a day pack - you could just check it at the host stand.

Enjoy Tivoli Gardens! I didn't spend much time in Copenhagen, but it's a magical town for cyclists and pedestrians.