WETA-26 (PBS) is looking for everyday foodies to be a part of “Check, Please!”

Rising Suns

WASHINGTON — If you’ve ever had the desire to drop in on some of the region’s best restaurants and rate the ramen or critique the consommé, now is your chance.

No, Tom Sietsema is not abandoning his post at the paper. Rather, local PBS station WETA-26 is looking for everyday foodies to be a part of its new program, “Check, Please!”

The show, which is produced in other markets around the country, including Chicago and San Francisco, will highlight a variety of dining options in the D.C. area.

"Want To Be a Food Critic? Here's Your Chance To Give It a Try" by Rachel Nania on wtop.com

• Like 1

I ended up applying and filming an episode several months back. I'm told my episode (#2) premieres tonight at 8pm and then airs a handful of times afterward. I'm also told it'll also be available online afterward for two weeks at this link but I don't see the pilot episode so who knows. They'll have a running map of restaurants reviewed.

It was fun -- we'll see what to make of it. I'm not encouraged by the fact that there was a premiere party hosted by the show last week....and apparently I didn't make the cut for an invite.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, saxdrop said:

I ended up applying and filming an episode several months back. I'm told my episode (#2) premieres tonight at 8pm and then airs a handful of times afterward. I'm also told it'll also be available online afterward for two weeks at this link but I don't see the pilot episode so who knows. They'll have a running map of restaurants reviewed.

It was fun -- we'll see what to make of it. I'm not encouraged by the fact that there was a premiere party hosted by the show last week....and apparently I didn't make the cut for an invite.

saxdrop, the first episode is available here.

http://watch.weta.org/video/3005695870/

Congratulations - I look forward to seeing you,
Rocks

PS - Don't read too much into that premiere party - they said it was very loose and informal.

Oh, this is the show Obama was on a million years ago on Chicago Public TV. I like it! This version is pretty much like the Chicago one. It's very ... I don't know how to describe it ... friendly and positive. It's like you had a new society exactly like ours, but took out all sarcasm and snarkiness. Give it a watch! The pilot is pretty good, looking forward to DR member's debut!

-S