Dining Deals - Looking for Restaurant Specials Such as Corduroy's $30 Bar Menu

Dr. Delicious

I'm curious if anyone has compiled a running list of what I am confusingly referring to as "deals and/or opportunities", which would include things like the bar deal at Corduroy. That is, if you go to this area (i.e. bar, lounge, patio) at this restaurant (i.e Corduroy,) for a relatively low price (i.e. $30), you can get a multi-course meal (i.e. 3-, 5-, 7-) from a highly respected chef (i.e Tom Power), etc.

Anyway, I realize the parameters are vague, but I would find such a list useful (and, obviously, want someone else to do the work for me).

Wednesday night at Masala Art in Tenleytown is all you can eat kebabs and biryani ($22 for veg and $25 for meat IIRC).  What we particularly like about it is the variety. You get started with a piece of each of 4 different kebabs (for subsequent rounds you get asked which you’d like more of).  And there are four different biryanis (2 veg and 2 meat), so you get a choice there.  Now that we’re back to family of 2, we order one veg, one meat and get to sample 8 types of kebabs and 2 biryani.  Dal makhani and garlic naan are also part of the meal.

• Like 1

Convivial now has a 3 courses for $40 menu Sunday through Thursday. You pick one item from three of five categories. Notably, you don't have to pick a dessert, so you can get a snack, starter and entree.  The delicious poulet rouge is counts as two entrees.