Tosokchon, Korean Stews and Barbecue, on Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City - Closed

Was jonesing for Korean so I loaded up the kids and we went to Tosokchon for a late Sunday Lunch. We all thought is was Fantastic.

Seafood Pancake was top notch and not too greasy. I didn't get the dumplings since I hesitated and the kids killed them. Bibimbap was pretty standard the noo roong ji crispy rice element was well developed in it, the Soondae Guk was a wonderful broth and the requisite blood sausage and other offal bits in it were worth the gout flare up potential. The Noodle Soup with Clams was a delicious soup with wellmade, chewy noodles and way too many clams for the price. The star of the meal was the Gamja Tang. The soup was so well developed; spicy, sweet, robust with julienne vegetables and an abundance of beautifully cooked pork, a few carrots and a chunk of potato. So good, I really am looking forward to being a little under the weather and letting this stew cure me sometime this winter. 

There was some banchan, kimchi was delightful. My wife didn't quite understand the toasted rice water/tea they served us throughout but we all grew to find it quite refreshing.  2beers, 2 apps 4 entrees  $71 before tip. 

I may go back for Gamja Tang tomorrow