An Interesting Bottle Closure

I can't get overly excited about the contents, but THE BOTTLE, man...

Ustianochka vodka is an inexpensive and relatively new Russian import (to Pennsylvania) that sports a particularly nifty bottle closure.  The cap assembly has an internal helicoid that releases a pop-up cap and raises a pouring spout when untwisted.  Twist the cap back down to retract the spout, and snap the cap back into place.

Apparently it's unique to this brand at the moment, but I'd be surprised if somebody else doesn't pick up on the design for rail liquors.

http://ustianochka.com/unique-cap/

I am usually skeptical of built-in bottle pourers, in my experience the fail rate is not inconsequential.  Granted, usually they are used in liqueur bottles, where the sugar content plus the lower-traffic setting of the home bar leads to crappy buildups that clog the pourer or make the cap so sticky that you can't open it.

I have seen bartenders hack off the tops of Luxardo and Cynar bottles because those pourers are so bad, so this one would have been of a fail-safe quality I think for it to be feasible.  And if it is of a certain quality, I wonder by how much it increases the cost of the bottle.  Gosh, why do I sound like such an asshole, I should be happy for these innovators who might find a decent solution for the industry.  Maybe it would work for rail base spirits, where most of the volume is anyways.